Limited funds, rising costs create strains
- SALARY WATCH. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;3/13/2003, Vol. 192 Issue 4263, p12
Reports the survey conducted by Berkeley Scott Group on basic salaries and bonus structures in the food service sector in Great Britain. Factors that impacted contract catering companies; Recommendation to employers; Issues that received greater focus.
- IN HEALTHCARE: Avg. hospital pay rises 4.6%. // FoodService Director;12/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p54
Deals with issues concerning food service operations in hospitals in the U.S.. Salary increase of food service directors in hospitals for 2001; Issues and challenges facing the labor supply of the food service market.
- FSD's Compensation Study 2008. // FoodService Director;1/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p58
The article presents the results of the 2008 Compensation Study. According to the survey, only 16 percent of respondents believe they will be promoted by 2013, while 36 percent believe they will be in the same job and 32 percent will be retired. Ninety-two percent of respondents reported that...
- Average weekly earnings highest in accommodation and food services. // Infomat: A Weekly Review;5/3/2002, p6
Reports the increasing weekly earnings for employees of the accommodation and food services industry. Gains for hourly earnings; Alleviation of professional and technical services; Percentage of the increase.
- Market capsule: how operators feel about their pay. // FoodService Director;12/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p1
Presents a graph showing the percentage of food operators who felt that they were not being sufficiently paid for their experience and efforts.
- 50 SENSE. // Foodservice & Hospitality;Mar2008, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p6
The article reports on the increase of the minimum wage by 50 cents in Quebec effective May 1, 2008. The 50 cents wage increase is described as the province's biggest one-time minimum wage hike since 1975. It explains that the tipped employees will receive $7.75 per hour and employees without...
- Govt. foodservice pay's better. // FoodService Director;5/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p1
Presents the results of a study on the wages of foodservice employees in the New York metropolitan area, as of May 2005. Comparison of the average hourly wage for foodservice employees working for government agencies and their private-sector counterparts; Background on the decision of Health...
- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;5/23/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 21, p20
Reports developments in the hospitality industry in the U.S. Rate of increase in wage for restaurant employees; Designation of foodservice industry veteran Michael E. Johnson as senior vice president and chief business development officer of Elliot Leadership Institute; Career background of...
- Wage CONCERNS. Golding, Christina // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;9/25/2003, Vol. 192 Issue 4292, p80
Focuses on wages for hospitality and food service employees in London, England. Comparison of wages in London with provinces in Great Britain; Cost of living in London; Opportunities for wage increase.