Labor, menu mgmt. are top concerns
- Women's pay rises 3.7% on '98 W-2s. // FoodService Director;12/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p69
Reports on a study by the `FoodService Director' periodical on the compensation of school food service operators in the United States. Increase of 3.7 percent in the salaries of women; Industry challenges according to food service executives; Profile of Dennis Barrett, executive director of...
- IN SCHOOLS: Salaries lag hospital, B&I; gap widens. // FoodService Director;12/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p52
Focuses on the status of salaries of employees in the United States school foodservice as of December 15, 2000. Issue on salary adjustment and retirement benefits in the industry; Problems faced by schools in the country.
- Putting higher foodservice worker wages on table. KITCHENMAN, ANDREW // njbiz;6/29/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 26, p8
The article relates the concerns of restaurant industry advocates in New Jersey regarding the effect of a proposed bill on the wages of public school foodservice workers. Proponents of the bill believe that the measure would reduce workers' dependence on the government for health care as well as...
- Chicago School Workers Survey: Kids Not Eating Healthy New Options. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;1/25/2012, p6
The article discusses a survey of 436 foodservice workers in the Chicago Public School system cafeterias showing that children are not eating healthy foods that workers call for changes in the school meal program and having kitchens in schools to provide fresh foods instead of frozen replacements.
- NEWS. // FoodService Director;2/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p8
Presents updates on the food service industry in the U.S. as of February 15, 2005. Challenges faced by school food service directors; Information on the winners of the Foodservice Achievement Management Excellence Award.
- CIA Opens Kitchens to Schools. // FoodService Director;7/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p10
The article focuses on the initiative of The Culinary Institute of America in opening its kitchen to school foodservice professionals from seven districts for the Schwan's Food Service Getting Back to Your Roots Symposium in San Antonio, Texas in April 2013.
- Labor Standards for School Cafeteria Workers, Turnover and Public Program Utilization. Jacobs, Ken; Graham-Squire, Dave // Berkeley Journal of Employment & Labor Law;2010, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p447
The article discusses the proposed new labor standards for school cafeteria workers in the U.S. by the Service Employees International Union (SEIU). According to SEIU, their proposal to expand the Child Nutrition Reauthorization Act aims to elaborate wage and compensation standards for food...
- Govt feeds Â£21m to the School Food Trust over three years. // Education (14637073);2/8/2008, Issue 299, p3
The article presents information about the School Food Trust in Great Britain. The group works to improve the quality of school food. The funding increase will help support the training of school caterers as well as educate parents and students about nutrition. The School FEAST Network is...
- What we earn cafeteria workers. // NEA Today;Sep95, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p63
Presents statistics on average earnings of school cafeteria workers in the United States. National average hourly wage in 1993-94; National average hourly wage in 1994-95; Percent salary increase; Salaries for 1994-95 by school district. INSET: Untitled (profile on James Hayslip, a cafeteria...