Pay up 3.4%, hospital fsds pace increases
- SALARY WATCH. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;6/10/2004, Vol. 193 Issue 4327, p12
Presents the average salary given to executives of themed, branded and non-branded restaurants and fast food chains in Great Britain as of June 2004. Unit manager; Area manager; Human resource officer.
- SALARY WATCH. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;9/2/2004, Vol. 193 Issue 4339, p11
Presents information on salaries of pub managers in Great Britain as of September 2004. Unit manager; Area manager; General manager.
- IN 2003: Salaries highest in Far West region. // FoodService Director;12/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p31
Presents a study that examined salaries of non-commercial foodservice directors (fsd) in the Northwest and Pacific coastal states in the U.S. in 2003. Percentage of pay raises received by fsd; Gender differences in salaries for fsd; Major problems facing non-commercial fsd.
- New GAO Study Finds: `White collar' exemption changes overtime payouts. // FoodService Director;11/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p24
Reports on the recommendations of the General Accounting Office to restructure the regulations governing the overtime pay requirements for food service industry supervisors and other executive employees in the United States. Information on the Federal Fair Labor Standard Act regarding employee...
- HFM honors 2002 winners of Spotlight on Innovation. // Nation's Restaurant News;9/23/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 38, p18
Reports the awards received by the Foodservice directors from hospitals in Chicago, Toronto and Columbus, Ohio. Presentation of award from the National Society for Healthcare Foodservice Management; List of awardees; Provisions of the awards during the HFM's annual conference.
- The wine seller. Scarpa, James // Restaurant Business;3/1/96, Vol. 95 Issue 4, p170
Focuses on the philosophy of Mary Ross, principal of Chicago, Illinois-based Mary Ross & Associates, on the importance of teaching the right mental attitude to restaurant wine servers. Ross' background in the wine-serving industry; Value of a well-trained service staff to a profitable and smooth...
- Turning point. Adams, Michael // Restaurant Business;04/01/97, Vol. 96 Issue 7, p37
Profiles several food service employees in the United States. Includes Millie Miner, waitress of International House of Pancakes in North Palm Beach, Florida; Van Eure, owner of Angus Barn in Raleigh, North Carolina; Julie Lau, general manager of Suzie's in New York City; Paul Murphy, chef of...
- Love 'em or lose 'em. Klara, Robert // Restaurant Business;05/01/97, Vol. 96 Issue 9, p42
Focuses on the results of a study by the Foodservice Research Forum on the conditions and attitudes of food service employees. Reason for working in food service; Top ten perceived employment needs; Top ten unmeet needs by the employees; Reasons for leaving the food service industry; Career...
- Divided We Stand. Romeo, Peter // Restaurant Business;9/1/2001, Vol. 100 Issue 17, p4
Editorial. Comments on the need of restaurants to improve the industry image in the United States. Views of the public regarding waitressing and bartending; Impact of the equity sharing programs of big casual chains on the restaurant industry; Comparison between the volume sales of...