Alternative Living Svcs. 'opens up' menu choices
- Briefs. // Food Management;Feb99, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p14
Cites developments in the food service industry in the United States as of February 1999. Business alliance of HCR Manorcare Inc. and Alternative Living Services Inc.; Purchase of hamburger chain Juicy Lucy's by Franchise Management International; Acquisition of Palm Beach Community College...
- As I see it. Dodgson, Gregory E.V. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;12/23/96, Vol. 14 Issue 52, p16
Evaluates the financial performance and business prospects of Alternative Living Services (ALI). Development and operation of free-standing assisted-living and Alzheimer's-care facilities; Services offered; Strategies; Comparison with other firms; Investment prospects in the firm.
- Assisted-living firm plans initial offering. // Modern Healthcare;6/10/96, Vol. 26 Issue 24, p37
Reports on the registration statement filed by Alternative Living Services Inc. with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission for a proposed initial public offering of common Stock.
- Alternative Living Services positioned to capitalize on assisted-living boom. // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;11/10/97, Vol. 11 Issue 23, p11B
Focuses on the impact of the merger of Alternative Living Services Inc. with Sterling House Corp. Creation of the largest assisted-living company in the United States; Total aggregate patient capacity of the combined companies; Goal of the companies' merger.
- Deal to fuel alternative living services expansion. // Lodging Hospitality;Feb97, Vol. 53 Issue 2, Assisted Living p4
Reports on a $45 million financing agreement between Alternative Living Services Inc. and a healthcare real estate investment trust (REIT). Terms of the agreement; Expansion of Alternative Living Services.
- Alternative Living Services merges with Sterling House. Henry, Randy // National Real Estate Investor;Nov97, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p24
Reports on a merger agreement between Alternative Living Services Inc. and Sterling House Corporation. Alternative Living Services' estimated annual revenues.
- Company notes. // Modern Healthcare;05/31/99, Vol. 29 Issue 22, p37
Presents update on the health care sector in the United States as of May 31, 1999. Expansion plan of Synetic; Financial information on Alternative Living Services; Amount raised by Bridge Medical to fund its operations.
- Bank United Done With Alternative Living. Miller, Christopher // Bank Loan Report;01/18/99, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p21
Reports on the syndicated loan deal between Alternative Living Services and Bank United. Others included in the deal; How the proceeds of the deal will be used.
- Assisted living: A brave new world. Patterson, David // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Jul/Aug95, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p40
Presents an interview with William F. Lasky, president of Alternative Living Services. Personal background; Educational background; Definition of assisted living; Differences between nursing homes and assisted living facilities; Management for assisted living facilities; Factors for choosing...