Carolinas Medical Ctr. introduces a marketplace
- Irvan moved. // AutoWeek;9/26/94, Vol. 44 Issue 39, p55
Reports on the transfer of injured NASCAR driver Ernie Irvan to a rehabilitation branch of the Carolinas Medical Center near Charlotte, North Carolina. Upgrading of Irvan's condition; Doctors' emphasis of slow recovery for Irvan.
- Get 'em well Harry. Bailey, David // Business North Carolina;Jul93, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p20
Features the transformation of Charlotte Memorial Hospital into a competitive medical market by Harry Nurkin. Nurkin as chief executive officer; Creation of Carolinas Medical Center; Raising quality of medical care; Outmoded management systems; Changing image; Attracting private patients;...
- EMS Sky Connect. // AirGuide Business;2/1/2010, p4
The article reports on the contract secured by EMS Sky Connect from a leading U.S. healthcare provider Carolinas Medical Center to equip its MedCenter Air air ambulance inventory with its Fleet Satcom voice and tracking system.
- EMS Sky Connect. // AirGuide Business;2/1/2010, p2
The article reports on the contract secured by EMS Sky Connect from Carolinas Medical Center to equip its MedCenter Air air ambulance inventory with its Fleet Satcom voice and tracking system.
- Christopher Hummer. Hohl, Alice // Modern Healthcare;9/15/2008, Vol. 38 Issue 37, p30
The article features Christopher Hummer, president of Carolinas Medical Center-Pineville in Charlotte, North Carolina. According to Dennis Phillips, an executive vice president at the 109-bed hospital's parent system, Carolinas HealthCare System, Hummer is a phenomenal communicator whether it is...
- Prostate exams at CMC-Union. Persinger, Ryanne // Charlotte Post;9/1/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 51, p1A
The article reports that Carolinas Medical Center-Union will offer prostate specific antigen (PSA) blood test and digital rectal examinations at the hospital's Edwards Cancer Center in Monroe, North Carolina on September 10, 2011.
- Celebration of Chris Henry's Life continues Beyond the Service. // Funeral Home & Cemetery News;Jan2011, pB5
The article reports on the celebration of Chris Henry's legacy on November 6, 2010, after his death caused by an accident, with his mother Carolyn Henry Glaspy and his four organ recipients together with their families in Carolinas Medical Center.
- Laparoscopic ventral hernia repair: a single center experience. Cobb, W. S.; Kercher, K. W.; Matthews, B. D.; Burns, J. M.; Tinkham, N. H.; Sing, R. F.; Heniford, B. T. // Hernia;Jun2006, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p236
A retrospective chart review at the Carolinas Medical Center was performed on all patients who underwent laparoscopic ventral hernia repair (LVHR) from July 1998 through December 2003. LVHR was successfully completed in 270 of the 277 patients, or 98%, in whom it was attempted. Half of the...
- EMS Sky Connect. // AirGuide Business;2/1/2010, p6
The article reports on the contract secured by EMS Sky Connect from U.S.-based healthcare provider Carolinas Medical Center to provide its MedCenter Air air ambulance inventory with EMS' Fleet Satcom tracking and voice system.