NM school dist. launches altern. student nutrition
- WV school dist. pilots monthly charge for meals. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p14
Presents information on the implementation of programs by the Kawanah County School District, Charleston, West Virginia which is expected to charge persons for meals obtained. Reasons for the implementation of the programs; When the program was launched; Status of the district sales for 1997 in...
- Listening to student feedback. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p42
Presents information on the enhancements being made to the food service operations at Capistrano Unified School District in San Juan Capistrano, California, highlighting a survey which was conducted to determine how students rate the food quality at the schools. Amount of students which attend...
- Schools Pledge to Serve GrassFed Beef to Kids. // FoodService Director;9/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p1
The article reports that 11 school districts in the U.S. have committed to serve grass-fed beef for a day in October 2010, according to School Food FOCUS.
- Are you ready for the 'journey'? McBurnett, Keith // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);5/ 1/2013, Vol. 140 Issue 18, p6A
The author discusses the Summer Lunch Program of Burnet Consolidated School District (CISD) lunch program at Burnet Middle School in Texas.
- Early Childhood Center completes holiday food drive. // Granite City Press-Record;11/28/2012, Vol. 54 Issue 48, pB7
The article reports that the Granite City School District's Early Childhood Education Center completed the collection on non-perishable food items for a holiday food drive.
- Free and reduced-price meals program at GS1SD. // Grand Saline Sun (TX);
The article focuses on the policy of the Grand Saline Independent School District (ISD) in Texas for providing free and reduced-priced meals for school children under the current eligibility guidelines.
- District Uses Visiting Chefs to Encourage Kids to Try New Foods. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;1/23/2012, p1
The article reports on the use of a visiting chef program by the Howard-Suamico School District in Wisconsin to encourage students to try new foods in 2012.
- Oswego school dist. lifts daily participation. // FoodService Director;01/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p10
States that since school lunch director Mark Bordeau joined the district, lunch counts at Oswego City School District, New York rose. Information on the marketing plan; Information on changes made.
- IN CLEVELAND SCHOOLS: How breakfast stacks up today. // FoodService Director;9/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p6
Provides information on the meals program of the Cleveland municipal school district in Ohio. Details on the implementation of the Prov. 2 Universal Meals Program by the school district; Results of a survey on the provision of breakfast to school children in the U.S.