Pork supplies nose up, prices lower
- Demand keys hog price direction. OTTE, JOHN // Kansas Farmer (0022-8583);Nov2014, Vol. 152 Issue 11, p82
The article reports that the inventory and future production indicators in the Hogs and Pigs Report of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) for September 2014 are higher than earlier industry projections.
- More pork and less competition. // Farmer;Jan2012, Vol. 130 Issue 1, p48
The article discusses the projection of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) for the pork industry in 2012, which indicates increased availability of pork to supplement population growth and less competition from the beef market.
- Exports steady, imports down. // Michigan Farmer (0026-2153);May2012, Vol. 316 Issue 5, p28
The article reports on the forecast of the U.S. Department of Agriculture for the pork industry in 2012 indicating 2 percent decrement in imports and steady growth in exports.
- 2014: More pork, lower prices. // Farmer;Jul2013, Vol. 131 Issue 7, p68
The article presents an outlook for the pork industry in the U.S. for 2014 from the World Agricultural Outlook Board of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), wherein it estimated a 2.3% increase in pork production and annual gilt and barrow price is expected to reach $56-$60.
- Supply Driven Pork and Beef Markets Hold Promise. Bang, Kent // National Hog Farmer Expert Blog;2/21/2012, p6
The article focuses on the good prospects for U.S. pork and beef producers in 2012. Projections by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) is discussed wherein pork supplies are expected to increase by 1.3 percent in 2012 and exports to be off by two percent, providing a 2.2 percent increase...
- Hogs & Pigs Report Slightly Bearish. Meyer, Steve // National Hog Farmer Exclusive Insight;9/29/2011, p1
The articles offers updates related to pork industry for 2011. The quarterly "Hogs and Pigs Report" released by U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) on September 28, revealed modest growth across the board for hog numbers and production. The author expects hog supplies for the 2011 fourth...
- A Realistic Look at Hog Markets through Year's End. Meyer, Steve // National Hog Farmer Expert Blog;8/20/2012, p13
The article looks at the condition of the hogs market in North America and offers a forecast for the market for fall 2012. It highlights data from June Hogs and Pigs report of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), which suggests supplies to be 0.6% lower for the third quarter and 2.2%...
- Pork profits coming. OTTE, JOHN // Prairie Farmer;Apr2013, Vol. 185 Issue 4, p60
The article forecasts profits from pork production to increase in late April or early May in 2013, according to economist Christ Hurt. Hurt projects profits to increase in the second and third quarters before returning to breakeven in the fall of 2013 and winter of 2014. The U.S. Department of...
- Pork Prospects Brighten with Corn Crop Report. // National Hog Farmer Exclusive Insight;6/20/2011, p5
The article reports on the improvement in the economic prospects of pork producers for 2012. It mentions that prospects of producers improved since the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) issued its estimate for the 2011 corn crop. It states that oil prices have a big percentage of drop, while...