Food capsule: where lowfat's making menu gains
- FoodCapsule: How Lowfat Foods Rate. // FoodService Director;11/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p1
Presents data concerning the popularity of lowfat foods among foodservice operators and customers.
- What's New in School Cafeterias. // Food Management;Oct2000, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p18
Highlights the results of a survey conducted by the American School Food Service Association on its members during its national conference in the United States. Popularity of pizza; Increase in the consumption of low-fat foods; Manpower problem of food service operators.
- GOOD WEEK. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;8/14/2008, Vol. 198 Issue 4540, p12
The article discusses issues related to food service. Clarence Court, a specialty egg producer, announces the creation of the world's largest Scotch egg made from an ostrich egg, sausage meat, haggis and breadcrumbs. It notes that consumers have expressed their willingness to pay extra payments...
- TRENDWATCH. // FoodService Director;3/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p1
Presents several graphical representations of the eating habits of people in the U.S. and the food service establishments where U.S. workers get their coffee. Percentage of people who are eating low-fat foods; Decline in the popularity of cafeteria as a destination for coffee; Rate of...
- Looking Back...and Forth. Pond, James // FoodService Director;3/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p12
Comments on articles about Lackmann Food Service founder Tom Lackmann and Dick Cattani, a Silver Plate winner at the International Foodservice Manufacturers Association, in the back issues of "Foodservice Director" magazine. Views of Lackmann on low-fat foods; Involvement of Cattani in the...
- SCOTT AND WHITE'S PLAN: DELI MOVES TO LOWFAT. // FoodService Director;2/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p1
Reports on the plans of foodservice officials at Scott and White Memorial Hospital in Temple, Texas under the agreement with Aramark as of February 2004. Coverage and amount of the deal; Transition from an existing hot sandwich station to an upscale deli that will capitalize on the appeal of...
- Williamson Hospitality Services. Elan, Elissa // Nation's Restaurant News;5/8/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 19, p52
This article describes 2006 MenuMaster award winner Williamson Hospitality Services in the Healthful Innovations category. This contract food service firm's Smarty Foods Healthy Eating Program comprises a liberal amount of fresh fruits and vegetables sold at cost and other low-calorie, low-fat...
- Starbucks layers on the competition in breakfast battle with low-fat parfait. Kramer, Louise // Nation's Restaurant News;9/4/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 36, p26
The article reports the launch of yogurt parfait from Starbuck in the New York market. The ingredients in the product include yogurt, fruits and granola. This health oriented item contains 320 calories, 4 grams of fat and 11 grams of protein. The article also offers information on the...
- Marie Callender's low-carb menu reflects appetite for hip image. Spector, Amy // Nation's Restaurant News;6/7/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 23, p8
Introduces the low-fat menu of Aliso Viejo, California-based Marie Callender Pie Shops. Similarity of the dishes to Southern Californian concepts; Creation of a corporate chef position; Sales of the frozen pies.