Wisconsin hospital debuts signatures
- Univ. of Wis. facilities complete conversion. // Modern Healthcare;7/01/96, Vol. 26 Issue 27, p17
Reports on the commencement of University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics' operations as a public authority on June 29, 1996. Conversion of the hospital's operation from a public university organization to an independent authority; Financial background of the hospital.
- Trash talk. Becker, Cinda // Modern Healthcare;03/19/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p60
Focuses on the Mediscan device for scanning bags of trash and soiled laundry in hospitals developed by Texas-based company Lyco. Details on the development of the device; Features of the product; Results from using the Mediscan at the University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics.
- Wisconsin's Gov. Thompson proposes reorganization of university hospital system. Japsen, Bruce // Modern Healthcare;3/6/95, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p56
Reports that a proposal by Wisconsin Governor Tommy Thompson would reorganize University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics as a public authority, giving UWHC autonomy but less state funding. Advantages for UWHC; 1993 financial standing; Concern about the future.
- Wisconsin Attorney General Requests Investigation of Abortion Training. // National Right to Life News;Jun/Jul2010, Vol. 37 Issue 6/7, p22
The article reports that the Wisconsin Attorney General's Office has instructed the state's Legislative Audit Bureau to look into the allegations of possible abortion funding law violations by the University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics Authority (UWHCA).
- Funds cut off for corporation used by Univ. of Winconsin. // Modern Healthcare;4/4/94, Vol. 24 Issue 14, p33
Reports on the cutting off of funds for Health Professionals used by the University of Winconsin Hospital and Clinics in Madison to acquire area clinics and physicians' practices. Amount diverted by the hospital into Health Professionals; Operations of Health Professionals; Reasons for the cut...
- WISCONSIN: UWHC Revised to Positive. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/21/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33586, p9
The article reports on the revision of the University of Wisconsin Hospitals and Clinics' A1 rating to positive due to improvement in fiscal performance by Moody's Investor Service Inc.
- Whatworks. // Health Management Technology;Mar97, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p36
Highlights creative solutions to a variety of challenges in health care information systems. Includes the implementation of PeopleSoft financial applications in the University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics; Application of the Datamedic's EMstation for the emergency department needs in...
- Exemplary performance. Hrickiewicz, Mike // Health Facilities Management;Sep2010, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p4
The article announces the winners of the 2010 Environmental Services (ES) Department of the Year awards from the journal and the American Society for Healthcare Environmental Services (ASHES) including Doylestown Hospitals in Pennsylvania and University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics in Madison.
- U. of Wis. Hospitals Deal $263M. SHIELDS, YVETTE // Bond Buyer;2/27/2013, Vol. 383 Issue 33868, p1
The article reports that Madison, Wisconsin-based University of Wisconsin Hospitals and Clinics Authority has hit the market with offering of 263 million U.S. dollars aimed at generating finance for its 670 million U.S. dollars capital program that includes a new-off campus facility. As...