Market capsule: how operators feel about their pay
- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;5/23/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 21, p20
Reports developments in the hospitality industry in the U.S. Rate of increase in wage for restaurant employees; Designation of foodservice industry veteran Michael E. Johnson as senior vice president and chief business development officer of Elliot Leadership Institute; Career background of...
- ARE YOU BEING PAID ENOUGH? // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;5/27/2004, Vol. 193 Issue 4325, p82
Offers tips on getting a better-paying job in the British hospitality industry. Promotion opportunities in the hospitality industry; Trends in pay and working hours of chefs; Tips on asking for a pay rise.
- Bringing home less bacon. Coeyman, Marjorie; Klara, Robert // Restaurant Business;7/20/96, Vol. 95 Issue 11, p58
Focuses on the growth of salaries of food service executives in the United States for 1995. Result of the survey of the `Restaurant Business' magazine; Growth of salaries compared to that of 1994; Top ten salaries.
- MarketCapsule: SALARIES UP JUST 2.9% THIS YEAR. // FoodService Director;11/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p5
Reports on the average salary increase of non-commercial food service managers in the United States in year 2000. Average increases received by the people in the country.
- Washington state OKs pay hike. // FoodService Director;12/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p22
Reports on an increase in wage rates in Washington state for food service workers approved by voters during the fall 1998 election. Hourly wages in 1999 and 2000.
- 7-of-10 feel pay-raises are below par. // FoodService Director;12/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p64
Focuses on the salaries of business and industry foodservice operators in the United States. Salary by gender, age and region; Marital status by gender, education levels by gender and salary distribution by gender; Comparative earnings of women and men in corporate dining; Percentage of workers...
- 90-day relief for teens. // FoodService Director;10/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p28
Reports that foodservice operators in the United States that are being affected by the September, 1997 payroll increase in the Federal minimum wage, could ease the pressure by hiring younger workers. Statistics on the national hourly pay; Who this pay applies to.
- Push to create caste of professional, untipped servers is gaining converts. Doherty, James; Koteff, Ellen // Nation's Restaurant News;04/07/97, Vol. 31 Issue 14, p27
Editorial. Comments on fine-dining operators' offering of salaries and benefits packages to their servers. Packages funded through special customer charges; Restaurateur Charlie Trotter's tip-pooling approach; Search for a way to elevate table service to a profession in the United States;...
- Food. Green, Emily // New Statesman;04/25/97, Vol. 126 Issue 4331, p36
Comments on the wages of catering workers in Great Britain. Catering workers' lack of a labor union; Claim that job losses will result from the establishment of minimum wages for the workers; Labour Party's plan to set up committees for the catering workers' issue; Impacts of the businesses by...