- Refinancing could be double amount considered. Marquez, Carlos // Caribbean Business;5/3/2007, Vol. 35 Issue 17, p6
The article offers information regarding the Dedicated Sales Tax Fund (DSTF) which is a key to $5 billion public debt refinancing in Puerto Rico. If adequately structured, DSTF bond issue could potentially get an A rating or higher from credit rating services, substantially reducing the debt and...
- Battle Creek, Mich., Finishes Sale to Help Lure Kellogg's Keebler. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/13/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31967, p7
Reports on the sale of taxable refunding bonds by the city of Battle Creek, Michigan. Change in state tax increment financing laws to restructure the city's debt; Reduction of the debt service payment; Level of net value savings.
- Part of $100M Tennessee Housing Issue Not Subject to AMT. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;6/10/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32151, p3
Reports on the sale of home mortgage revenue bonds by the Tennessee Housing Development Agency in a deal that should be of interest to in-state retail buyers. Stability of the bond ratings; Capability of the program to sustain significant losses on defaulted mortgage loans without disruption to...
- Gloucester, Mass., Raised by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;07/25/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30939, p2
Reports on the decision of Moody's Investors Service to raise Gloucester, Massachusetts' $69.9 million outstanding general obligations bonds to A1 from A2.
- Rating Changes. // Bond Buyer;6/23/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32409, p31
A table depicting changes to government bond ratings from agencies Moody's Investors Service Inc. and Standard & Poor's Corp. is presented.
- S&P upgrade gives Tennessee Triple-A crown. McKenna, Jon // Bond Buyer;05/04/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30385, p36
Cites Tennessee as the ninth state to carry unified triple-A general obligation bond ratings from the big three credit agencies. Standard & Poor's upgrade of the state's rating on May 1, 1998; General obligation authorization for fiscal 1999; Rating agencies' main point of contention with state...
- Little Rock officials remain confident, despite recent downgrade by S&P. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;08/26/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30465, p6
Reports on continued confidence by Little Rock, Arkansas officials despite Standard & Poor's downgrade of its general obligation bonds after noting an erosion of the city's reserves. City's efforts to strengthen its financial situation and address capital needs; Capital improvement revenue issue.
- Standard & Poor's settles on stable outlook for Texas GOs. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;08/24/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30711, p3
Reports on Standard & Poor's Corp.'s revision of its outlook on Texas' $4.9 billion AA-rated general obligation bonds. Results of the agency's evaluation of the state's finances; Justification of the solidification of the state's ratings.
- Cleveland, county win Moody's upgrades. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/15/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30748, p2
Reports on Moody's Investors Service's upgrade of Cuhayoga County and Cleveland, Ohio's bond ratings to reflect improvements in their finances. Bonds affected by the upgrade.