S&P Affirms CHA, But Watches Cuts
- Saint Mary's Affirmed. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;8/20/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31952, p31
Reports on the endorsement of the bond rating of Saint Mary's College of Moraga by Moody's Investors Service in California. Limitation of the future credit improvement; Issuance of bonds to finance a science facility; Inclusion of debt service in future projected budgets.
- VIRGINIA: Multifamilies Get Positive. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;10/11/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32731, p9
The article reports on the AA-minus that Standard & Poor's Corp. assigned for the $6.4 million of multifamily housing revenue bonds sold in 1999 by the Chesterfield County Industrial Development Authority in Virginia. In boosting the county's affordable housing bonds' outlook, the rating agency...
- Ashburn, Ga., Downgraded to A3 by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;11/22/2013, Vol. 122 Issue F346, p1
The article reports on down grade of Ashburn, Georgia's outstanding combined utility system revenue backed bonds by credit rating firm Moody's Investors Service Inc. as of November 2013. It states that the downgrade reflects the utility's one times below debt service in fiscal 2012 and exposure...
- Lottery Bonds Get Upgrade. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/12/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32485, p35
The article reports on the second upgrade on credit rating by Moody's Investors Service on about $2 billion of outstanding lottery revenue bonds in Florida. The bases for the rating upgrade to A2 from A3 include the outstanding levels of debt service coverage, as well as the additional bonds...
- New York City Debt Outlook Gets Lowered. McKaig, Ryan; McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/19/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31268, p1
Focuses on the rating awarded by U.S. rating agencies to New York City's general obligation bonds. Impact of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the ratings; Rating awarded by Moody's Investors Service and Standard & Poor's Corp. to the bonds.
- Omaha's Triple-A Affirmed by Moody's, S&P Before Deal. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;12/08/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31033, p4
Reports the affirmation of Standard & Poor's and Moody's Investors Service rating agencies for the general obligation bond issue of Omaha in Chicago, Illinois. Components of Omaha issue; Role of Bear, Sterns & Co. and Kirkpatrick Pettis for the obligation bonds; Date of approval for the...
- Rating Films Downgrade More Debt. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;7/17/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31182, p1
Reports on the downgrading of municipal debt by the rating firms in the United States. Agencies which downgrade the bonds; Increase of the number states and local municipalities which experienced fiscal pressure; Factors affecting the decision of the agencies to downgrade the debt.
- Troubled Waterbury, Conn., Gets Investment-Grade Rank from Moody's. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;05/09/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31135, p5
Reports on the improvement of the bond ratings in Waterbury, Connecticut. Inclusion of the ratings from different rating firms; Advantages of the tax-intercept program; Imposition of the seven-member board to control the city's finances and operations.
- Low ratings on Nassau tobacco debt show range of agencies' opinions. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;11/12/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30767, p48
Focuses on the difference in the approaches of the rating agencies to tobacco settlement bonds in the United States. Moody's Investors Service's ratings on the Nassau County, New York's settlement securitization; Rating agencies' assessments of the tobacco bonds issued by New York City.