Resilient New York City
- BLIND PREPARATION. Opsahl, Andy // Emergency Management;Aug2007, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p20
The article discusses how national standards on disaster preparedness may be ineffective at dictating local issues. Emergency preparedness and disaster response are said to be usually done at the state and local level. An alleged lack of national consensus on how the U.S. should prepare in...
- Review of the Estimates for the Impact of the September 11, 2001, Terrorist Attacks on New York Tax Revenues: GAO-02-882R. Kingsbury, Nancy R. // GAO Reports;7/26/2002, p1
GAO reviewed the New York City Office of Management and Budget and the New York State Division of Budget estimates of tax revenue losses attributed to the September 2001 terrorist attacks. Both offices estimated that the attacks would reduce anticipated tax revenues to the city and state in both...
- Moving Forward. O'Reilly-Allen, Marge // Pennsylvania CPA Journal;Winter2002, Vol. 72 Issue 4, p2
Focuses on issues discussed in the 'Pennsylvania CPA Journal' Winter 2002 publication in the United States. Effects of terrorism on the US economy; Aid provided by the Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants to the victims of the September 2001 terrorist attacks; Treatment of...
- Trying Hard to Focus on What's at Hand. Ballantini, Brett // Bowling Digest;Jun2003, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p6
The article analyzes the impact of attacks on the World Trade Center and Pentagon in the U.S. on sports.
- More 9/11 Gut Punch. Shaw, Michael // BAGnewsNotes;2/10/2010, p1
A photograph is presented that depicts the September 11 terrorist attack in the U.S.
- Intelligence and the War on Terrorism. Berkowitz, Bruce // Orbis;Spring2002, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p289
Analyzes factors of intelligence responsible for the acts of 'strategic terrorism' carried out by Osama bin Laden in the September 11 terrorist attacks in the U.S. Features of 'strategic terrorism'; Potentials of the terrorist organizations to construct networks of intelligence along the lines...
- Year One. Dumiak, Michael; dePaula, Matthew; Adams, John // U.S. Banker;Sep2002, Vol. 112 Issue 9, p43
Recounts the personal stories of several individuals who witnessed the September 11, 2001 terrorist attack at the World Trade Center in New York City. Lessons provided by the experience; Steps taken by city residents to survive the attack.
- Let's Not Forget Those Still In Need of Assistance. // Supply House Times;Sep2002, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p50
Provides ways on how to help the families effected by the September 11, 2001 in the U.S. Donation of blood; Participation of first aid course; Consideration of jobs supporting the programs of the government.
- The Fight for Freedom. Smith, Steph // Scholastic News -- Senior Edition;11/5/2001, Vol. 70 Issue 9, p4
Focuses on a war on terrorism declared by the United States after the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the country.