How to prescribe drug testing
- Tests drive down drug use. Kochaniec, Joanne Wojcik // Business Insurance;06/12/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 24, p3
Reports on the seminar on employee drug testing in the United States, sponsored by PacifiCare Behavioral Health in Denver, Colorado. Percentage of employees tested who showed positive results; Trends in employee drug use.
- Drug program allows employers to cut costs. Ford, Tom // Crain's Cleveland Business;04/07/97, Vol. 18 Issue 14, p3
Focuses on a program by the Ohio Bureau of Workers' Compensation which offers to cut employers' premiums if they enroll in the agency's new Drug-Free Workplace program. Provision of substance abuse treatment and drug testing for employees; Three levels of premium discounts for employers...
- Sooner or later you can't avoid DRUG TESTING. Huelke, Ernie // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Apr2003, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p35
Focuses on several issues related to the testing of employees for drugs in the U.S. Perception of employees regarding drug abuse; Importance of basic understanding of the process; Impact of drug abuse on industrial costs.
- Marijuana, Weapons Laws Present Workplace Challenges. Lies II, MARK A.; MOHAN, KERRY M. // C&D World;Nov/Dec2013, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p10
The article presents questions and answers on issues employers may encounter on employee drug use and testing including what states is the use of medical marijuana legal, allowing an employer to prohibit employees from the use of medical marijuana, and employee protection under disability...
- Top-10 ways employees disguise drug abuse. Sunoo, Brenda Paik // Workforce (10928332);May98, Vol. 77 Issue 5, p16
Provides information on things employees have done to disguise drug abuse. Categories of employees' attempts to disguise the abuse; Financial aspects of workplace drug abuse to American businesses.
- Time for small businesses to join fight against workplace drug abuse. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Oct98, Vol. 28 Issue 13, p112
Looks at the efforts of small businesses against workplace drug abuse in the United States. Results of the DrugTesting Index issued by the Smithkline Beecham Clinical Laboratories in 1999; Passage of the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1998; Creation of a small business consortium by the Great...
- Are Your Employee Drug Tests Accurate? Cadrain, Diane // HR Magazine;Jan2003, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p40
Deals with the use of fake devices and products by employees to be able to beat companies' drug tests. Reasons of employers for conducting drug tests; Characteristics of drug abusers according to the American Council on Drug Education; Impact of drug abusers on other employees. INSET: How to...
- Drug use at work hit all-time low in 2006. // Occupational Health Management;Apr2007, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p46
The article reports on the decrease in drug use among workers in the U.S. in 2006. According to the Quest Diagnostics annual Drug Testing Index, amphetamine and methamphetamine use dropped 20 percent from 2005 to 2006 among federally mandated safety-sensitive workers. Positive results for...
- Workplace Drug Use Declined in 2005, Index Shows. // Occupational Hazards;Jul2006, Vol. 68 Issue 7, p14
The article reports on the results of the 2005 Drug Testing Index from Quest Diagnostics Inc. The index shows that the use of marijuana among all categories of U.S. workers declined by approximately 12 percent from 2004 to 2005. Amphetamine use among the general U.S. workforce dropped 8 percent,...