Six steps to better health care options
- Group Health Care Should Be on Your Agenda. // San Diego Business Journal;08/09/99 Supplement, Vol. 20 Issue 32, p6A
Reports on options available for planning a group health care by business enterprises in California to offer a benefit package to attract and retain quality employees. Knowledge about the terminology specific to health care coverage; Identification of issues of primary importance to employees;...
- Reaping the benefits. Shea, Allan // CA Magazine;Oct94, Vol. 127 Issue 8, p40
Presents various options for employers to maintain current levels of coverage of employee health-benefit plans. Third party plan; Disadvantage of third party plan; Development of the Administrative Services Only; Self-administrative health plans; Advantage of timed spending limits; Factors to...
- Plan language warrants attention. Lenckus, Dave // Business Insurance;12/26/94, Vol. 28 Issue 53, p35
Focuses on the possible ruling of the US Supreme Court which would affect health plan modifications made by employers in the country. Possibility of litigation from retirees; Details on a case brought to high court on September 1994 concerning the language in plan documents.
- Retiree Benefit Cutbacks... // Journal of Financial Planning;Dec1997, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p17
Reports that the percentage of employers with health care plans for their retirees is declining, according to a survey by Hewitt Associates. Other findings of the survey; Results of a survey on the number of employers offering coverage for retirees.
- Steady climb. Lentz, Rebecca // Modern Physician;Jan2000, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p14
Provides information on the increase in the cost of employer-sponsored health plans in 1999. Average cost for each employee in 1999; Increase in the cost of health coverage for employers from 1997 to 1998; Targets of employers to control costs.
- 24-hour managed care. Ceniceros, Roberto // Business Insurance;2/27/95, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p6
Reports on Kaiser Foundation Health Plan's provision of 24-hour managed care services for two California employers participating in the Kaiser-On-The-Job 24-Hour Medical Care Pilot Program. Services offered; Companies enrolled in the program; Extent of potential cost savings; Benefits offered by...
- Benefits broadcasting network. Davis, Andrea // Employee Benefit News;Jun2011, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p16
The article focuses on the hour-long video developed by Orange County, Florida under its consumer-driven health plan (CDHP). It says that the video will show real-dollar amounts and real claims through Orange Television (TV) to illustrate how much employees should be charged in demonstrating...
- Employers embrace disease management despite limited proof of benefits. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Nov2003, Vol. 77 Issue 11, p87
Presents survey results which revealed that more employers and health plans aimed extra attention at patients with chronic conditions, according to the Center for Studying Health System Change. Efforts of employers to seek managed care options than increase patient cost sharing; Focus of the...
- Health Savings Accounts Offer Better Alternatives. Tornga, Timothy J. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;3/8/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p28
Explains that health savings accounts (HSAs) offer better alternatives to employees regarding health care plans in the U.S. Advantages of the HSAs; Comparison of the HSAs with the medical flexible spending accounts (FSAs); Major drawback of FSAs; Discussion of the high deductible health-care plan.