Sleep-deprived workers can...zzzz
- Building a Workplace Legacy. MASENKO, MARTY // California Job Journal;10/3/2010, Vol. 28 Issue 1253, p4
The article offers tips on building a workplace legacy before and after an employee leaves his or her work.
- Remember to make your presence your gift to others every day. Yow, Jane // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;12/28/98, Issue 322400, p23
Encourages employees to change their attitudes toward work. Commitment to make people's presence their gift to co-employees in the workplace; Younger people's attitude to work to live rather than live to work; Cultivation of behavior that reflects the values of respect, integrity and...
- We thought piling up stuff was being neat. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);12/25/98, Vol. 45 Issue 52, p5A
Cites a survey by the Steelcase Workplace Index on workplace trends in the United States. American workers' perception of themselves as `neat freaks'; Percentage of employees who considered themselves `pilers' and `filers.'
- Pet peeves in today's officeplace. // Secretary;Aug/Sep96, Vol. 56 Issue 7, p4
Lists the pet peeves of employees in office environments in the United States. Includes too hot or cold room temperature; Noise from construction, traffic or people; Uncomfortable or cramped workstations.
- Alaska youth: Ready for work. Merritt-Duran, Molly R. // Vocational Education Journal;Apr95, Vol. 70 Issue 4, p39
Discusses the skills, attitudes and values expected of employees in the workplace as discussed during a meeting of Alaskan businessmen in March 1989. Reading; Writing; Honesty and integrity; Responsibility.
- An emotion-centered model of voluntary work behavior: Some parallels between counterproductive work behavior and organizational citizenship behavior. Spector, Paul E.; Fox, Suzy // Human Resource Management Review;Summer2002, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p269
Presents an emotion-centered model of voluntary work behavior. Difference between counterproductive work behavior (CWB) and organizational citizenship behavior; Variety of job conditions which elicit emotional performance; Association of CWB with the personality characteristics of trait anger...
- Why Don't They? // Banking;Jan78, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p18
Reports on the changing work ethic of young workers in the United States and France. Implications of the change in work ethic; Factors that affect the work ethic of young workers.
- Office Incivility. // Association Management;Oct98, Vol. 50 Issue 10, p23
No abstract available.
- Survey Data. // Association Management;Oct98, Vol. 50 Issue 10, p99
No abstract available.
- Workday habits die hard when on vacation. Cohen, Aaron D. // Las Vegas Business Press;07/15/96, Vol. 13 Issue 42, p4
Opinion. Comments on how work habits persist in a person even while he is on vacation. Experience of the author while vacationing; Recommendations on how to cure persistent work thoughts.