- HR pros claim ETHICAL CONDUCT NOT VALUED. // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Jun2003, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p12
Highlights findings of a survey on corporate ethics in the U.S. Pressures that may lead human resources professionals to compromise corporate ethics; Causes of breaches in corporate ethics; Role of human resource professionals as a ethics resource in organizations. INSET: What influences...
- HR plays a central role in ethics programs. Driscoll, Dawn-Marie; Hoffman, W. Michael // Workforce (10928332);Apr98, Vol. 77 Issue 4, p121
Focuses on role of the personnel department employee or the human resources (HR) professional in the company's ethics programs. Reasons why ethics initiatives fit properly as a part of the department's functions; Questions that must be answered by HR professionals to assess if they can be...
- HR key to businesses' integrity. Doke, DeeDee // Recruiter;2/17/2010, p5
The article reports on the recommendation by Roger Steare, professor of organizational ethics and corporate philosopher in residence at the Cass Business School, City University, for human resource professionals to lead their organizations in building a culture of integrity in Great Britain.
- MBAs Take HR to a Higher Level. Sunoo, Brenda Paik // Workforce (10928332);May99, Vol. 78 Issue 5, p81
Discusses the benefits of taking Master of Business Administration (MBA) program by human resource professionals. Business competencies which can be acquired through MBA programs; Information on several MBA programs.
- Playing the HR game. Hoff, Shaun // Hudson Valley Business Journal;11/8/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 44, p6
The article reports on the participation of the School of Business students at the State University of New York (SUNY) and human resource (HR) professionals of SUNY New Paltz campus in the "Test Your Human Resource Knowledge" game show event in October 2010.
- Advice: Mentor with Hypotheticals. // HR Magazine;May2013, Vol. 58 Issue 5, p87
The article profiles human resource (HR) manager Margo Callis of Longstreth Sporting Goods, the winner of the March 2013 HR Solutions Challenge contest, who discusses her experience with her mentor, who used hypothetical situation in order to teach her lessons about HR.
- IN THE SYSTEM. Harris, Jill // HR Professional;Oct2014, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p6
The article introduces various reports published within the issue, including one about the top issues relevant to human resources (HR) professionals in Canada and another on how HR professionals can help integrate new executives into the leadership team.
- Time for a breather. Baker, Glenn H. // NZ Business;Dec2014/Jan2015, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p2
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the performance of the New Zealand business sector in 2014 and human resources professional Lisa Mackay.
- It's What's Inside That Counts. RUETTIMANN, LAURIE // Conference Board Review;Spring2010, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p9
The author urges that companies stop paying consultants to devise social-media strategies and instead turn to their human-resources (HR) personnel. She notes that HR staff are well-suited to the task by virtue of being conversant with brand management and technology, as well as social media. In...