- Meetings--scourge of management. // Supervision;Nov93, Vol. 54 Issue 11, p26
Comments on the need for improving corporate meetings. Manager's survey conducted by Goodrich & Sherwood Co.; Following a structured agenda.
- The intraday price and volume reaction to AMEX club meetings. Kiely, Joseph K.; Below, Scott D. // American Business Review;Jun97, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p66
Examines the intraday trading patterns to AMEX club corporate meetings between 1988 and 1992. Explanation for the abnormal return on the presentation day documented by Sundaram et al; Comparison of the average minute-by-minute return to the averages for the rest of the market.
- Taking minutes and wasting hours. Dressler, Catherine // Executive Report;Oct96, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p58
Offers advice on business meetings. Common complaints about meetings; Ways on how to improve meetings; Reasons for calling a meeting.
- Lehigh Valley sponsors professional development seminar. // Professional Safety;May96, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p45
Reports on the `High Performance Safety Programs' that were hosted by Lehigh Valley Chapter's Professional Development and Community Outreach Seminar. When was the seminar held; Location of the seminar; Number of persons in attendance; Topics discussed at the seminar; Guest speakers.
- CORPORATE MEETING GUIDE. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);9/9/2005, Vol. 52 Issue 38, p13C
A directory of corporate meeting venues in Long Island, New York, is provided.
- THE PHANTOM PLANNER. Graham, Andrea // Corporate Meetings & Incentives;Feb2003, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p43
Examines the conduct of corporate meetings in Atlantic City, New Jersey. Comparisons of the business functions in New York City; Criticism against the inconvenience and incentives in the city; Advice given by the meeting planners.
- Making meetings work. Furnham, Adrian // Across the Board;Nov/Dec93, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p55
Opinion. Discusses ways to make meetings work. Amount of time spent by middle to senior managers in meetings; Problems with meetings that render them inefficient; Social loafing; Evaluation apprehension; Poorer decisions produced by groups than individuals working alone; Simple rules to follow...
- Corporations do well when doing good in on the agenda. Hutton, Mike // Crain's Chicago Business;02/17/97, Vol. 20 Issue 7, pM8
Presents information on various activities at corporate meetings. Comments from John Anderson, manager of profitability and analysis for Ameritech Corporation's pay phone service; Community activities of corporations.
- In a meeting. // American Nurseryman;3/1/94, Vol. 179 Issue 5, p11
Reports on a study by researchers at the University of Southern California in Los Angeles about company meetings.
- From the unusual to the sublime; ideas for the next meeting site. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;3/27/95, Vol. 34 Issue 13, p15
Presents suggestions for unusual sites for business meetings. The Maritime Center in Norwalk, Connecticut; Historic Hudson Valley in Tarrytown, New York; Trail Lodge at the Blue Mountain Reservation in Cortlandt, New York; Riverboat cruises along the Hudson River.