- MOST FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS HAVE WEB POLICIES. Sweeney, Theresa; Landolt, Sara Cox // Credit Union Management;Jun2000, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p6
Reports that several companies in the United States have established policies about the use of the Internet during office hours. Range of corporate Internet policies; Reason for the establishment of guidelines on Internet usage of employees.
- Business E-mails and Potential Liability. Ruhnka, John; Loopesko, Windham E. // CPA Journal;Aug2012, Vol. 82 Issue 8, p68
The article examines the impetus for the growing use of disclaimers in business electronic mails (e-mails). According to the article, features of business e-mails and Internet use policies include requiring employees to check their e-mail in a timely manner, and limiting personal use of company...
- SEX ON THE NET. Towner, Nathalie // Enterprise (13503030);Oct/Nov2002, Issue 41, p8
Presents information on what a company can do about Internet pornography. Issue on the irresponsible use of the Internet and email during work time by employees; Tips in ensuring that the employees are behaving responsibly in their Internet use; Software for filtering and blocking Internet...
- Companies mind their employees' business. Davis, Kevin // Crain's Chicago Business;10/02/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 41, pSR20
Reports on the strategies of Chicago, Illinois-based companies in monitoring their employees' use of the Internet while at work. Corporate policies that address inappropriate and excessive use of e-mail and Internet; Development of reasonable Internet use policies.
- Assessing the Work World. Sanna, Ellyn // Career Assessments & Their Meanings;2003, p11
The article talks about the employment environment. Employees' expectations are different, and so are employers'. Ever-developing technology is changing our world at a pace that is faster than ever before in history, and this trend affects not only our personal lives but our professional ones as...
- I am @ work right now--check this our--. Scheffler, Mark // Crain's Chicago Business;4/3/2006, Vol. 29 Issue 14, p47
The article reports on the use of Internet blogs by employees to express their dissatisfaction with their companies in Chicago, Illinois. From chat rooms to personal Web logs, the Internet is abuzz with corporate gossip, giving voice to all levels of employees and often replete with brutal...
- Look Before You Leap. Kerker, Seth // Corporate University Review;Jul/Aug2000, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p2
Discusses the importance of e-training and education to the success of a business. Concept of online teaching; Focus of e-learning; Controls for Internet quality.
- HIRE CALLING. Penttila, Chris // Entrepreneur;Aug2000, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p112
Discusses the benefits of Internet technology for small businesses seeking job candidates. Example of employee recruiting Web sites; Equipment needed for online recruitment of employees.
- PN survives its past, poised for its future. Eagan, Anthony J. // Plastics News;6/21/2004, Vol. 16 Issue 16, p6
In fact, "Plastics News," is the only major North American plastics publication that hasn't been sold at least once since 1998. 300 full-page ads have been running in 1999 and 2000. Internet start-ups that were going to change forever how the plastics industry bought and sold materials and...