Clinton child-care conference questions employer responsibility
- Child care in a changing world. Henderson, Zorika Petic // Human Ecology;Fall94, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p13
Reports on the effect of modernization on child care. Factors affecting the method of child care employed; Changing patterns of child behavior; Countries affected by trends on child care.
- When children are caregivers for children. Teicher, Stacy A. // Christian Science Monitor;1/3/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 28, p3
Reports on the impact of welfare reform and a childcare shortage in the United States on poor families and the older siblings.
- Electing a new child. Manne, Anne // Quadrant Magazine;Jan/Feb96, Vol. 40 Issue 1/2, p8
Analyzes childcare and the development of a child. History of childhood; Publication of pamphlets on childcare by senior researcher in the Australian Institute of Family Studies, Dr. Ochiltree; Dr. Ochiltree's views on childcare; Areas work assessing childcare falls into.
- Investing in our children: A struggle for America's conscience and future. Edelman, Marian Wright // USA Today Magazine;Mar93, Vol. 121 Issue 2574, p24
Recommends that society invest in children as a way of investing in the future. Children as the poorest Americans; Giving them a sense of nurturing and caring adults that are part of a community and society that guarantees them a future; Sharing and stressing family rituals and values.
- In search of the perfect grandparent. Levinger, Leah; Williams III, Gurney // Good Housekeeping;Sep94, Vol. 219 Issue 3, p190
Reports on the role of grandparents in the care of children. Active roles of grandparents in child care; Miscommunication between generations; Issues concerning discipline and health habits; Advice in dealing with generational conflicts.
- Child care not seen hurting bond with mother. Cohen, Deborah L. // Education Week;5/01/96, Vol. 15 Issue 32, p7
Reports on the results of a study on the effect of child care on the bond between mother and child. Finding that nonmaternal child care is not threat to the security of infant-mother attachment; Financing of the study by the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development; Factors...
- CALENDAR OF EVENTS. // Graham Leader;12/22/2013, Vol. 138 Issue 37, p6A
The article offers information on several events in Graham, Texas including the coat and food drive of the 4-H Shooting Sports and Cub Scout Pack 39 on December 21, 2013, the Loving Jamboree on January 11, 2014, and the DivorceCare for Kids program on Sundays of February 2014.
- The common thread between a doll outfit and violin lessons. Tiedemann, Muriel // Christian Science Monitor;7/15/98, Vol. 90 Issue 161, pB3
Recounts the author's experiences while caring for two grandchildren for a week. Effects of a snow day on plans; Troubles making a dress for a doll; A child's objections to practicing her violin; Accomplishments of the week.
- To deter crime, law enforcement supports child-care programs. Jacobson, Linda // Education Week;02/11/98, Vol. 17 Issue 22, p8
Reports on the support for the expanding early-childhood and after-school programs coming from law-enforcement officials and crime-prevention experts who say such services can cut crimes to turn Americans into criminals. Importance of the Clinton administration's efforts to increase spending on...