- Window shopping. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/13/1994, Vol. 168 Issue 8, p14
Features the themes for window dressing at various stores in California. Family values at Los Angeles-based American Rag; Flower power at Diane's in Manhattan Beach; Good old beach blanket bingo at Val's Surf Shop in Los Angeles; Crops, shorts and athletic sandals at Nike Town in Los Angeles.
- Window wonderlands. Stern, Ellen // Gourmet;Dec93, Vol. 53 Issue 12, p66
Looks at window displays by various department stores in New York for the 1993 Christmas season. Bill Conard's design for Lord & Taylor's in Fifth Avenue; Spaeth Design's work for Saks Fifth Avenue; Barney's New York's display space created by instore designers.
- Fantasy, humor glisten in Yule windows. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/29/1993, Vol. 166 Issue 103, p6
Highlights window displays of retailers in New York City for the 1993 Christmas season. Themes on fantasy and comedy; Features of Saks Fifth Avenue's windows; Barney's New York; Macy's Herald Square; Lord & Taylor; Henri Bendel; Neiman Marcus; Marshall Field.
- Building effective window displays. // Reeves Journal: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling;Oct95, Vol. 75 Issue 10, p74
Offers advice on creating show windows that can maximize the full sales potential of the displayed merchandise. Remodeling the store; Show window base; Presentation technique; Miniature model mode.
- Display that turns shoppers into buyers. // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Jan1998, Vol. 99 Issue 1, p150
Presents information on display windows. How display windows can influence a window shopper into buying the display; Information on the Glad Tiding Books N' Gifts store in Kendallville, Indiana.
- The myths and magic of display! Karzen, Laurie; Morrill, Charlotte R. // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Jan1995, Vol. 96 Issue 1, p49
Opinion. Comments on the myths related to window dressing. Details of the myths and advice from the authors.
- Dressing down. Roston, Tom // New York;10/14/96, Vol. 29 Issue 40, p24
Discusses the decoration of windows in the Barney's department store in New York City. The window decoration of Loehmann's, a department store that bought part of the Barneys building; Barneys' filing for Chapter 11 in early 1996; Details of the window decorations of each store.
- More than just a window. // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Oct96, Vol. 97 Issue 10, p88
Focuses on two tabletop and silverware display windows that captured customers' attention by combining whimsy and popular, fashion-right nature ideas. Use of a hay cover to display casual china at Barneys in New York; Focus on travel and imports at Bergdorf Goodman in New York.
- Build your own effective displays. Flohr, Diane // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;May99, Vol. 100 Issue 5, p34
Provides tips for retailers on how to create easy maintenance displays. Wrapping of boxes in seasonal paper; Use of the boxes as building blocks; Selection of a luminary pattern when adding light; Use of the columns as an entryway leading to the merchandise; Materials needed for an easy window...