Highs and lows of C-T
- Inevitable break-up. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;8/12/2005, Issue 5451, p18
Looks at the demise of British upholstery manufacturer, Christie-Tyler. Financial problems of the company; Decline in sales in 2003; Closing of several firms and factories to eliminate excess capacity. INSETS: Christie-Tyler by numbers;Facts and figures;Who is Hicks, Muse, Tate and Furst?.
- End of the line for Arkana and Outline in C-T shake-up. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;9/14/2001, Issue 5255, p1
Reports the restructuring of furniture firm Christie-Tyler production in South Wales. Advantages of the move to the business group; Plans of Pendragon for the Arkana and Outline products; Replacement of production loss with profitable sales.
- A name to be reckoned with. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;12/6/2002, Issue 5316, p1
Comments on the impact of the partnership between designer Terence Conran and Christie-Tyler Co. to the furniture market in Great Britain. Details on the creation of the Content Co.; Implications of mass marketing plans of Conran; Conran designed furniture to be launched at The Furniture Show.
- Calm after the storms? Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;10/10/2003, Issue 5359, p8
Reports on the impact of the executive turnover at Christie-Tyler on the furniture manufacturing industry in Great Britain. Increase in the level of imports; Decline in the sales volume; Outsourcing of the production capacity.
- Deeside closure talks start. // Cabinet Maker;4/2/2004, Issue 5382, p5
Reports on issues surrounding Deeside Cabinets' closure. Proposal of parent company Christie-Tyler to close the factory; Letters received by employees telling them the proposed closure; Discussion of Deeside's situation at Christie-Tyler's board meeting.
- UK jobs go as C-T looks to the East. // Cabinet Maker;1/28/2005, Issue 5423, p3
Reports on the move of Christie-Tyler to consolidate its South Wales operations with the loss of job across Contour, Cambria and Pendragon factories in Great Britain. Plans of the company to open factories in Eastern Europe; Company operations; Products and services.
- C-T makes a U-turn on Duresta sale. // Cabinet Maker;1/28/2005, Issue 5423, p8
Reports that Christie-Tyler has reversed its decision to sell Duresta Upholstery in Great Britain. Market penetration of Duresta; Value of Duresta Upholstery; Company operations.
- Firms make a move upmarket with a dash of drama at Christie-Tyler. Westphal, Linda // Cabinet Maker;05/01/98, Issue 5086, p3
Highlights products launched by furniture manufacturers at Christie-Tyler. Charnwood's Mirage, a collection of six upholstery groupings; Creative's used of washable fabrics in its Milano collection; Contemporary collections in the Scandinavian/German tradition.
- Why Bellingham's content with Content. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;1/16/2004, Issue 5371, p8
Focuses on the performance of the Content By Conran furniture range from the furniture firm Christie-Tyler in Great Britain. Availability of the furniture; Success rate of the product; Doubts on the performance of the product range.