Judge May Be Poised to Decide On Forcing Special NJ. Election
- He said-he said spat costs NJ governor. Christian, Bruce // Echo Magazine;8/26/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 25, p14
Comments on the decision of New Jersey Governor James E. McGreevey to admit that he is gay. Background on a lawsuit filed against him by a man whom he admitted to having extramarital affair with; Politicians with similar experiences; Suggestion on what McGreevey should do.
- THE GOVERNOR'S SECRET LIFE. Cloud, John; Beyer, Lisa; Crittle, Simon; Maranz, Felice; Faltermayer, Charlotte; Jones, Deborah; Klein, Aharon; Tumulty, Karen // Time;8/23/2004, Vol. 164 Issue 8, p22
Reports on New Jersey Governor James McGreevey's announcement that he is gay, had an extramarital affair with another man, and is resigning from office. Reference to scandals in New Jersey involving McGreevey; Biographical and career details; The lawsuit against McGreevey brought by Golan...
- The "Except" Governor. Taber, George M. // njbiz;4/12/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 15, p18
Expresses sentiments over issues concerning New Jersey Governor James E. McGreevey.
- McGreevey steps down. Roehr, Bob // Bay Area Reporter;11/18/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 47, p18
Reports on the resignation of New Jersey Governor James E. McGreevey on November 15, 2004. Implication of his admission of being gay for the move; Allegations of corruption by his administration; Influence of controversies on his personal life on the decision.
- Special Election Case. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;9/20/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31972, p35
Reports on the lawsuit filed by Bruce Afran, a Princeton attorney against Democratic Governor James E. McGreevey for refusing to step down from his post in Trenton, New Jersey. Comments from Afran on the decision made by the U.S. District judge concerning the case; Expiration date of McGreevey's...
- Hail James E., Farewell Donald D. Mulroy, Gene J. // Business News New Jersey;1/14/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p14
Editorial. Reports the swearing in of Governor James E. McGreevey, the 51st governor of New Jersey. Occurrence of a celebratory rally in front of the State House; Details of the ascension of McGreevey to the gubernatorial position; Bills of interest to the business community signed into law by...
- James E. McGreevey. // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Dec2001/Jan2002, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p18
Profiles Governor-elect James E. McGreevey of New Jersey. Educational background; Details on his career in politics.
- The Day McGreevey Stunned Us All. Reed, Ingrid // njbiz;8/8/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 32, p10
Reflects on the resignation of former New Jersey Governor James E. McGreevey on August 12, 2004. Response of the public to the governor's admission that he is gay; Impact of the resignation on the state politics; Attitudes of New Jerseyans toward political issues.
- Personally and professionally, gay governor has uphill fight. // Gay & Lesbian Times;8/26/2004, Issue 870, p28
Focuses on the issues faced by New Jersey Governor James McGreevey following his resignation from office. Need for the governor take measures to save his marriage; Impact of McGreevey's coming out as gay on his political career; Views of politicians on the achievements of McGreevey as public...