Bolstered by Solid Tax Revenues, Vermont Says It Won't Sell Rans
- Lay Off the One-Time Revenues, Raters Warn Rhode Island. Stark, Jonna // Bond Buyer;9/13/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32712, p3
The article reports on the impact of Rhode Island's continued use of one-time revenues on its credit rating. The state's purpose of use of such revenues particularly the proceeds of tobacco bond sales, is to plug budget shortfalls. Additional stress or failure to achieve spending restraint goals...
- Brazil's Quest To Make The Grade. Bamrud, Joachim // Global Finance;Sep2006, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p48
The article focuses on the aspects for Brazil to achieve investment grade by the international credit rating bureaus. For the country to reach investment grade, it must reduce its debt, interest and tax rates, reform social security and shorten the rigidity of government expenditures. Moody's...
- Citi Increases AuC by 10 Percent. Wang, Wicy // Global Custodian News;2013, p55
Citi reported Securities and Fund Services (SFS) revenues of $730 million in the second quarter of 2013, a 5% increase on the prior corresponding period of 2012, as higher settlement volumes and fees more than offset lower net interest spreads.
- City Center Bonds Are Boosted to Investment Grade. Sigo, Shelly // National Mortgage News;11/22/2012, Vol. 36 Issue 55, p2
The article reports on the move of Standard & Poor's Corp. to upgrade the debt of Birmingham-Jefferson Civic Center Authority after verifying that its revenue was not affected by the bankruptcy of Jefferson County in Alabama. It states that the authority's debt was rated from B to AA and the...
- CVS Circles, Upsizes To $90M. Roper, Akil Salim // Private Placement Letter;05/01/2000, Vol. 18 Issue 18, p2
Reports on the success of CVS Corp.'s lease-backed private placement offering agented by J.P. Morgan. Credit rating of CVS; Acquisition of Soma.com in June 1999; Company's revenue in 1999.
- HAWAII. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;2/24/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32326, p31
The article reports on the rating of the bonds of Hawaii by Moody's Investors Service and Standard & Poor's Corp. The state is planning a 350 million dollar general obligation bond sale for March 8, 2006. The new bonds has been given a Aa2 rating by Moody's with stable outlook. The favorable...
- Trends Signal More Distressed Ahead. // High Yield Report;5/2/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 17, p2
Reports on the caution exercised with the migration of credits to the subinvestment grade space within the high yield market in the U.S. Factors influencing the downward trends in the credit ratings; Increase in the proportion of lower-grade issuance; Discontent for credits in the bond market.
- Vermont's January to Include Mixed Deal of Up to $110 Million. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;1/8/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31796, p28
Reports that Vermont plans to sell a mix of current and advance refunding bonds in late January 2004. Investment banks chosen by Treasurer Jeb Spaulding; Sale of general obligation bonds; Credit ratings of Vermont's bonds.
- Moody's identifies total holdings by life insurers of Parmalat-related securites; threat seen not pervasive. // Insurance Advocate;01/05/2004, Vol. 115 Issue 1, p32
Reports on the investment portfolio holdings of U.S. life insurers of Parmalat-related securities by Moody's Investors Service. Existence of credit deterioration and wide dispersion of exposure in the industry; List of life insurance groups with considerable Parlamat exposure; Emphasis on the...