St. Onge Elected to Succeed Humble as NABL President in 2005
- OPINION. // Lawyer;11/26/2001, Vol. 15 Issue 47, p19
Comments on why the concept of chief executive officer posts failed in the organization of lawyers in Great Britain. Discussion on the factors that make the concept a failure; Discussion on the way lawyers organize themselves.
- The Differing Roles of Legal Administrators. Palmer, Jack L.; Wangman, Carl A. // American Bar Association Journal;Nov82, Vol. 68 Issue 11, p1408
Focuses on the role of legal administrators in the justice system in the United States. Growth of the Association of Legal Administrators; Role of legal administrators in maximizing profits for law firms; Importance of the administrators in increasing billable hours and in permitting lawyers...
- Doc groups add lobbying clout. Romano, Michael // Modern Healthcare;11/24/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 47, p46
Reports on the appointment of lawyer Chester Speed as VP of public policy and political affairs of the American Medical Group Association (AMGA). Job responsibilities of Speed; Professional background of Speed; Remarks from Donald Fisher of AMGA on his qualifications.
- Looking back with Martin Gross. Kenny, Jack // New Hampshire Business Review;4/30/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p4A
Interviews Martin Gross, chairman of the New Hampshire Center for Public Policy Studies and the state board of the Conservation Law Foundation. Career profile; Practice of law in New Hampshire; Accomplishments of Gross as mayor of Concord.
- AVMA hires manager of state, regulatory affairs. // DVM: The Newsmagazine of Veterinary Medicine;May2005, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p28
This article reports that Adrian Hochstadt joins the American Veterinary Medical Association's (AVMA) Communications Division as the assistant director of state and regulatory affairs. Hochstadt, an attorney and certified association executive (CAE), comes with 15 years experience managing...
- 40th Annual International Franchise Association Legal Symposium. // Franchising World;Jul2007, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p12
The article discusses the highlights of the 40th Annual International Franchise Association Legal Symposium. The symposium was participated by 600 attendees, which consisted of attorneys and business leaders. They were given opportunities to pitch questions during a question and answer session....
- BevHills Bar fetes lawyer. Chaney, Lindsay // Daily Variety;5/9/2005, Vol. 287 Issue 27, p6
The article reports that the Beverly Hills Bar Association has named Tom Hansen its 2005 Entertainment Lawyer of the Year. Hansen, a co-founder of the 17-attorney law firm Hansen, Jacobson, Teller, Hoberman, Newman, Warren & Richman, received the kudo at the associations annual entertainment law...
- BENCH BATTLES BECOME VOCAL. McDonough, Molly // ABA Journal;May2003, Vol. 89 Issue 5, p20
Presents information on the Model Code of Judicial Conduct of the American Bar Association. Background on the development of its first code of judicial conduct; Discussion of a draft report proposing a partial solution to the issue of contentious judicial elections.
- Lord Irvine lobbied to allow cases to be taped. Rovnick, Naomi // Lawyer;12/17/2001, Vol. 15 Issue 50, p4
Reports that the Fleet Street Lawyers, an association of in-house lawyers in Great Britain from major national newspapers, is lobbying the Lord Chancellor, Lord Irvine to allow recording devices in open courts. Clarification about the lobbying effort.