Munis Move Into Positive Territory; Greenspan Less Upbeat Than Expected
- CHAPTER 3 : French bonds and securities. // French Financial Markets;1995, p44
The chapter discusses the structure and organization of the bonds and securities markets in France. The three types of French securities, which include the bearer securities, registered securities and dematerialized securities, are described. The organization of the government bond market is...
- AT DEADLINEâ€¦. // Private Placement Letter;1/7/2008, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p1
The article offers news briefs related to the securities industry in the U.S. The $60 million NAIC-2 deal between financial service company Wells Fargo Co. and outdoor equipment maker Johnson Outdoors Inc. has been postponed. Banc of America Securities LLC has offered a $60 million deal for GFI...
- Lower Profit Expected At Investment Banks. // American Banker;9/21/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 182, p18
Announces the beginning of fiscal third-quarter reporting for Wall Street firms in 2004, and speculates that most will report declines. Reasons for declines, including the drop in stock trading and a fall in bond underwriting; Preview of companies expected to report; Financial analysis of the...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Tuesday, October 25. // Bond Buyer;10/26/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32246, p2
Presents charts depicting the indicators of the October 25, 2005 securities trading in the U.S. Status of consumer confidence; Volume of existing home sales.
- GEKKO. Dizard, John // National Review;9/2/1996, Vol. 48 Issue 16, p36
The article reflects on several economic issues and the securities markets in the U.S. as of September 1996. It contends that cable television and personal computers do not guarantee success in the equities markets. It forecasts the state of inventory and use of platinum-group metals wherein the...
- Industry Groups Battle Over Soft Dollars. // Traders Magazine;Sep2004, Vol. 17 Issue 230, p14
Reports on the action taken by a securities industry group on making its case to the regulators that professional using soft-dollar arrangement profit at the expense of investors. Benefits of soft-dollar arrangements; Recommendation of the forum on a fund board under the leadership of its...
- Will Reg NMS Go Up in Flames? // Traders Magazine;Sep2004, Vol. 17 Issue 230, p14
Reports on the assumption of several trading industry officials on the trade-through rule reform and Reg NMS proposals to be dead for the year 2004. Apprehension on any action fees and proposal on market data; Reasons for the dissolution of the REg NMS proposal; Review of the Reg NMS proposals.
- Calendar. // Bond Buyer;5/22/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32634, p13
The article presents a calendar of events related to bond market in the U.S. The author has presented the list of bond issuers including the Ohio Housing Finance Agency, Eagle County Facilities Management Office, and the Finance Authority of New Orleans, Louisiana. Information about the services...
- MONDAY'S YIELDS. // Bond Buyer;2/28/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32328, p1
A chart illustrating the performance of securities traded in the U.S. for the week of February 28, 2006 is presented.