Beige Book: Economy Still Expanding
- Seventh Month of Growth. KLINE JR., STEVEN R. // Modern Machine Shop;Sep2014, Vol. 87 Issue 4, p304
The article reports on the seventh straight month of growth posted by the metalworking index in July 2014, when it experienced the slowest pace at 51.9, but it is still 7.0 percent higher compared to the same period in 2013.
- Retailers' misery index rises as ability to address trends slides. Pitcher, George // Marketing Week;7/1/1999, Vol. 22 Issue 22, p25
Comments on the impact of economic indicators known as the misery index on the retail trade in Great Britain. Case example of the misery index's impact at Marks & Spencer; Administrative strategies at Littlewoods to avert the index's impact.
- TREND. // Business North Carolina;May2003, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p9
Presents data on economic indicators in North Carolina as of May 2003. Employment; Retail sales; Car registrations; Hotel occupancy.
- Shakeout under way in low-end retail market. // Westchester County Business Journal;03/01/99, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p1
Focuses on the sluggish growth in the low-end retail market in Westchester County, New York reflecting the area's economic indicators in 1998. Companies affected by the trend; Closure of retail outlets in the country.
- Economic Outlook. // Singapore Commercial Banking Report;Q4 2011, Issue 4, p39
The article offers forecasts on the economic condition of Singapore from 2007-2015. It states that the real gross domestic product (GDP) in Singapore is expected to increase up to 5.9% and 4.4% in 2011-2012. It says that due to wage increase and business expansion, Singapore' wholesale and...
- New England Buying Group Stretches Across Country. Wolf, Jessica // Video Store Magazine;12/5/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 50, p8
Reports on the expansion within the New England Buying Group (NEBG) in 2004. Change in the business name of the company; Reason behind the need for the expansion according to company president Todd Zaganiacz; Economic-related issues affecting independent video retailers.
- INDICATORS LOOK SOLID FOR NEXT SIX MONTHS. // Electrical Wholesaling;Aug2013, Vol. 94 Issue 8, p8
The article reports that the two economic indicators Architecture Billings Index (ABI) by the American Institute of Architects and the Conference Board Leading Economic Index (LEI) forecast better market conditions for the construction industry and also offers positive outlook for expansion.
- SUPERMARKETS. // Marketing Week;8/2/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 25, p31
Presents various indicators reflecting the state of the supermarket sector in Great Britain as of August 2001. Proportion of consumers who visit stores weekly; Distance from main store to home; Reasons for choice of main shop; Household weekly grocery spend.
- FROM OUR BLOGS: Sales. MORIN, PATRICK // Central Penn Business Journal;5/242013, Vol. 29 Issue 22, p20
An excerpt from the blog about sales at www.CPBJnow.com by Patrick Morin in the May 9, 2013 issue is presented.