Greenspan: Budget Will Face Strains
- Two key messages overlooked. Mckee, Martin // BMJ: British Medical Journal;1/12/2013, Vol. 346 Issue 7890, p24
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article " Personal health budgets: surplus of cash or deficit of ideas?" by Krishna Chinthapalli in the December 10, 2012 issue.
- Budget Director Takes the Blame Off Illinois FIRST. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/6/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31507, p34
Focuses on the contribution of rising health care cost to the budget deficit faced by Illinois since September 11, 2001. Analysis of the factors that would create problems for governors in the 2004 budget; Estimate of the possible increase in deficit by state officials; Support of the state's...
- CONSUMER watch with PROFESSOR ALLAN FELS. Fels, Allan // Money (14446219);Mar2003, p12
Discusses the significance of health costs to household budgets in Australia. Function of Trade Practices Act; Collusion between competing doctors to engage in anti-competitive practices; Interest of all sectors of the economy in health professionals who compete fairly.
- Advocates nervous as ax hovers. Baker, Sam // Hill;9/12/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 122, p26
The article offers information on the briefing event by the Alliance for Healthcare Reform on Capitol Hill to discuss what deficit reduction means for healthcare in the U.S.
- Why disenfranchise the vulnerable? Proctor, Bernadette // Lamp;Aug2014, Vol. 71 Issue 7, p6
A letter to the editor is presented which discusses the Australian federal government budget allotted for the care of elderly individuals with chronic health concerns.
- State budget health highlights. // Queensland Nurse;Aug2010, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p6
The article focuses on state budget highlights of the federal government of Australia for 2010-2011. It mentions that the state budget has a record of 10 billion dollars for heath care expenditure which has an increase of 10.5 percent compared to the previous years. Furthermore, the key health...
- Avoid budget busters - Part 3. Marotta, David John // Hudson Valley Business Journal;3/29/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 13, p33
In this article the author discusses the aspects of budget planning including interest on debt, medical costs, and insurance deductibles.
- Health Care: You can bend the cost curve. Owerbach, Joel // Business Journal (Central New York);1/15/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p15
In this article the author discusses the impact of buying decisions with over-the-counter and prescription drugs to household budget emphasizing the essentiality of choosing store brands instead of name brands to represent a significant savings without sacrificing quality.
- Health spending gets boost in 2011-12 state budget. // Queensland Nurse;Aug2011, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p7
The article reports on the 2011-2012 Queensland state budget which have been delivered by State Treasurer Andrew Fraser on June 14, 2011 with health spending increase of more than one billion dollars with 11.7 billion dollars of allocations.
- THE SHORT LIST. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Feb2016, Vol. 70 Issue 2, p90
The article lists services and products to make smart purchasing decisions including the Allscripts EPSi Budget Manager, the Ontario Systems' Artiva Healthcare and the EligibilityPlus SurePay Health.