At Long Last, Atlanta on Verge Of $865M Water-Sewer Deal
- Busy Two Weeks: Dallas to Sell $337 Million in Two Competitive Deals. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;11/4/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31754, p30
Reports on the initiated bids for water and sewer system revenue bonds of Dallas, Texas. Amount of general obligation bond issue; Usage of negotiation for refunding issues; Range of maturities for the revenue bonds.
- Austin to Sell $250M Through Five Credits, Swap Also Planned. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/23/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31953, p3
Reports on the plan of the city of Austin in Texas to sell five bond issues, including variable-rate demand bonds for Austin Water and Wastewater. Plan to swap the variable-debt to a synthetic fixed-rate in a forward swap with JP Morgan; Elimination of the city's last outstanding debt issued for...
- Industry Unhappy About Imminent 100% Rise in Water Rates. // Caribbean Business;6/23/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 24, p36
Reports that Puerto Rico Aqueduct & Sewer Authority's (Prasa) plan to raise water rates by at least 100 percent by the end of 2005 would hurt the island's competitiveness. Bonds that will be issued by Prasa.
- Sacramento District Borrowing $725M for Huge Sewer Project. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;10/15/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31990, p40
Reports that the Sacramento Regional County Sanitation District is preparing to issue $725.5 million of bonds for a massive sewer line project in 2004. Details of the bond issue; Key features of the sewer line project; Implications on public works and the bond market.
- Detroit Launches DWSD Tender Offer, Hoping For Savings, Avoiding Litigation. Devitt, Caitlin // Bondbuyer.com;8/8/2014, p23
The article discusses a tender offer program launched by Detroit, Michigan for holders of 5.2 billion U.S. dollars of water and sewer bonds with tender prices ranging from 118 U.S. cents on the dollar to 72.5 U.S. cents on the dollar. Topics discussed include savings Detroit is expected to...
- D.C. Agency's $1.8B Capital Plan Includes Debt for Lead Pipes. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/12/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31946, p3
Reports on the plan of the District of Columbia Water and Sewer Authority to sell tax-exempt bonds to fund its capital improvement plan that includes a multimillion-dollar plan for replacing some of the district's lead-contaminated water pipes. Description of the tax-exempt transaction; Plan of...
- Marco Island, Fla., Planning $103 Million Water and Sewer Sale. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/30/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31730, p48
Reports on the plan of officials at Marco Island into the debt market with the sale of water and sewer revenue bonds under pending approval by Collier County in Florida. Estimation of bonds to purchase the water and sewer system assets owned by the Florida Water Services Inc.; Proceeds to be...
- Nailing down savings from sewer and water bids proves tricky. Stuart, Stephen // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);3/4/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 37, p8
Focuses on the plan of the sewer and water systems in New Orleans to save money to issue bonds to fix leaky systems. Use of 91 million dollar operating budgets; Issuance of bonds for capital repairs; Reduction of backlog.
- Jefferson County, Ala., Selling $275M Of Sewer Repair Warrants Today. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;03/13/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31095, p3
Reports the sale of sewer revenue capital improvement warrants by the Board of Supervisors in Jefferson County, Alabama. Similarity of sewer repair warrants to bonds; Use of the sale proceeds to fund replacement and expansion program of sewer system; Basis of the expansion program.