Widespread CPO Use Key
- The UPU: 1875-2005 A Brief History. Ewell Jr., Albert H. // Mekeel's & Stamps Magazine;8/5/2005, Vol. 197 Issue 5, p8
Presents a brief history of the Universal Postal Union which was founded in 1875.
- DIRECT MAIL. // Direct;Feb2009, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p29
A list of direct mailing groups is presented including the Certificied Horsemanship Association, Investor Update Newsletter and Aerostich/RiderWearHouse.
- IN BRIEF. // Waste & Recycling News;6/27/2011, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p0011
The article presents several news briefs including shutdown of Canada's mail service on June 14, 2011 and a new member will join the Waste Equipment Technology Association (WASTEC) board of governors.
- The U.S. and the UPU. Davis, Patricia S. // U.S. Stamp News;Feb2003, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p8
Provides information on the Universal Postal Union (UPU). Background on the establishment of the UPU; Stamps issued by UPU; Number of UPU members from around the world.
- Gearing up for reclassification. // Association Management;Nov95, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p22
Focuses on postal service reclassification programs from the US Postal Service for associations in the United States. Delivery Sequence File; National Change of Address File; Address Element Correction; Locatable Address Conversion System.
- Will STA Lobbying Bear Fruit? Bresiger, Gregory // Traders Magazine;Sep2003, Vol. 16 Issue 216, p14
Reports on the lobbying efforts of the Security Traders Association among U.S. legislators. Release of a white paper on market structure; Frequent correspondence with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission; Efforts to arrange face-to-face meetings with lawmakers and regulators.
- ESF Still Kicking. Clarke, Jeremy // Securities Industry News;12/10/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 48, p2
Reports the move of the European Securities Forum (ESF) members not to dissolve the association in Europe. Role of the organization in the consolidation of European securities infrastructure; Institutions supporting the association; Decision not to implement the sunset clause in the...
- To End a Dirty Joke. // America;1/5/1963, Vol. 108 Issue 1, p9
The author reflects on the complaints against the advertisements being carried and delivered by the U.S. mails. The author describes that local post-masters and members of Congress in New York City are besieged with complaints. It is argued that the ads are making a pseudo-sophisticated appeal...
- Fabulous Firsts: The Universal Postal Union. Jackson, Paul // Mekeel's & Stamps Magazine;6/23/2006, Vol. 198 Issue 25, p22
The article features the Universal Postal Union, which was founded in 1874 in Berne, Switzerland, as the General Postal Union. It had 22 member nations then whose delegates signed the Berne Treaty that provided for the reciprocal exchange of letters. The Universal Postal Union's function as...