Nevada School District Hopes to Be Next to Catch Refunding Wave
- Nevada's Clark County Schools Set to Sell $450 Million in GOs Tomorrow. Kelemen, Jasmina // Bond Buyer;10/12/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31987, p39
Announces that Nevada's Clark County School District expects to competitively sell $450 million of series 2004D general obligation bonds in October 13, 2004. Annual issuance to fund the district's expansion program; Bonds' pricing date dictated by operational requirements rather than market...
- Southwest bond-watch. Sanders, Lisa; Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;01/26/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30565, p27
Focuses on developments related to municipal bonds in the Southwestern States, current as of January 26, 1999. Includes University of Arkansas' plan to sell revenue bonds to expand the Razorback Stadium; Upgraded bond rating of the Boerne Independent School District in Texas.
- San Diego USD to Sell Every Last Cent of Its '98 Authorization. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;8/15/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32196, p44
Reports on the move of the San Diego Unified School District to issue general obligation bonds in the bond market. Manager of the bond; Expectation for the bonds to carry insurance; Rating of Moody's Investors Service Inc. of the bond.
- Supply Surge Prompts Muni Weakness. Scarchilli, Michael; Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;11/17/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33418, p1
The article reports on the impact of the increase in taxable bond supply on the municipal bond market in the U.S. According to the authors, the increase has weakened the municipal market, especially with the addition of the 950 million dollars of taxable Build America Bonds sold by the Dallas...
- Munis Firm a Bit as LAUSD Deal Prices. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;2/5/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33056, p2
The article reports on the stronger position of the U.S. municipal bond market as the largest new bond issue was priced in the primary on February 4, 2009. In the new-issue, Barclays Capital Inc. priced $950 million of general obligations bonds for the Los Angeles Unified School District in...
- School District Plans Idaho's First Competitive BAB Deal, for $25M. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;4/28/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33307, p5
The article reports on the competitive bond offerings and Build America Bond (BAB) deals in Idaho. One of the district schools in the area, the Jefferson School in District No. 251, plans to buck the trend with its 25 million U.S. dollar worth of competitive general obligation BAB scale....
- Muni Traders Look to Next Week's Ga., DASNY Deals. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;6/8/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34321, p1
The municipal market was looking ahead to next week's slate of bond issues, led by issuers in Georgia and New York.
- Late Summer Lethargy Continues As Municipals Finish Unchanged. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;8/26/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32205, p2
Reports on the condition of the municipal bond secondary market in the U.S. Observation that buyers were not aggressive enough in the first part of the session to push bond prices higher; Contribution of the longstanding underperformance of short-dated Treasuries to the weakness in tax-exempt...
- Munis Steam Ahead Despite Capacity Worries. Seymour, Dan // Bond Buyer;11/8/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33412, p2
The article reports on the situation of the municipal bond market in New York which continues to hammer away at long-term tax-free bonds as dealers question whether there is sufficient capacity to absorb a bombardment of new paper.