Arizona State U., Scottsdale Team Up for Research Center Deal
- Municipal VCs. // Inter@ctive Week;04/26/99, Vol. 6 Issue 17, p68
Reports on Chicago, Illinois' launch of its Chicago Technology Growth Fund to encourage high-technology start-ups to come to the city.
- California cancer center presents COPs in premiere deal. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;08/26/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30713, p36
Reports on Burnham Institute's sale of its first municipal bond issue on August 26, 1999 in San Diego County, California. Trend among cancer institutes tapping the tax-free market; Forecast on the performance of the institute's bond issue.
- Muskegon Business Incubator Takes Off. Sanchez, Mark // Grand Rapids Business Journal;10/29/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 44, p18
Features the Muskegon, Michigan-based Lakeshore Launch Pad, an office center designed to house technology-based firms that will populate the SmartZone high-technology business park. Benefits of the center; Goal of the center; Description of the center.
- Is Valley ready for high-tech? Dudley, Rebecca // Wenatchee Business Journal;Mar2001, Vol. 15 Issue 3, pA8
Evaluates the high technology industries in Wenatchee, Washington. Lack of appropriately trained workforce; Emphasis on education; Presence of excellent research institutions; Availability of broad bandwidth telecommunications services.
- High-Tech and Economic Risk. DeVol, Ross C. // Electronic News;07/19/99, Vol. 45 Issue 29, p8
Presents an excerpt from the report `America's High-Tech Economy,' released by the Milken Institute in July 1999.
- AN EXPERIMENT AT NATION-BUILDING. Pitroda, Sam // Siliconindia;Sep2000, Vol. 4 Issue 9, p120
Deals with the evolution of the high technology industry in India. East Indian government's establishment of the Center of Development for Telematics; Goal of developing state-of-the-art telecommunication technology; Creation of a center for excellence in the area of telecommunication technology.
- New SIRTI chief angles for change. Hatch, Addy // Journal of Business (10756124);9/12/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 19, pA1
Reports on Spokane Intercollegiate Research & Technology Institute executive director Patrick Tam's priorities in running the Spokane, Washington-based institute. Projects envisioned; Role of the institute in the technology industry; Tam's career history; Programs at the institute aimed at...
- Ohio Lawmakers to Let Voters Revisit Third Frontier Plan. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/5/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32190, p36
Reports on the Ohio legislature's approval a resolution to place a bond question on the November 2005 ballot that gives term-limited Governor Bob Taft a second chance to win support for his high-tech jobs programs that failed in 2003. Senate's approval of the resolution to place the Third...
- State tech dollars won't flow to city. Walsh, Mark // Crain's New York Business;07/17/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 29, p3
No abstract available.