Moody's Sees Only Near-Term Stress for Florida Localities
- Moody's: Dividend Recaps a "Hollow Threat". Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;5/6/2013, p22
The article reports that dividend recapitalization (recap) do not pose a serious threat to the financial condition of companies even though it weakens credit quality based on a study by the rating agency Moody's Investors Service. The study focused on 16 companies that defaulted from 2001 and...
- Moody's Rerates Rhodia's Debt as Junk; CEO to Meet Investors. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;2/12/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 6, p10
Reports that Moody's Investors Service downgraded Rhodia's credit rating to junk status as of February 12, 2003. Implication of the move; Financial performance of Rhodia; Reactions from the shareholders.
- Broadview Heights Upgrade. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/31/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32392, p39
The article reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. has upgraded the limited tax general obligation credit rating of Broadview Heights, Ohio to Aa3 from Al. This is in conjunction with the city's sale of $2.3 million in bonds. It is reported that the upgrade will affect $11 million debt and...
- Richmond Wins Timely Moody's GO Upgrade. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/16/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31492, p3
Reports the upgrade on the credit rating of the city government in Richmond, Virginia by Moody's Investors Service Inc. Sale of tax-exempt debt bonds by the state government; Reaction of the city officials to the upgrade; Consideration of the upgrade as an accomplishment for the city.
- Getting town hall out of the junkyard. Tarbous, Ken // njbiz;3/5/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p1
The article reports that several New Jersey municipalities have speculative credit ratings according to Moody's Investors Service. The local government projects of Collingswood, Harrison, and Salem have been associated with high levels of risk while Camden and Irvington have been experiencing...
- Bellingham, Mass., Raised by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;03/15/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31097, p2
Reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. has upgraded the credit rating of the city government of Bellingham, Massachusetts' general obligation bonds.
- Pension Underfunding Spurs Wave of Moody's Downgrades in Illinois. Devitt, Caitlin; Shields, Yvette // Investment Management Mandate Pipeline;7/16/2014, p2
The article reports on the decline in the ratings of Illinois municipal credits from Moody's Investors Service in 2014. Topics discussed include the state's pension liabilities, the revisions done to the local government rating criteria of Moody's, and the decline in the Moody's ratings of a...
- MBS Roundup: Alt A/MF Combined. // National Mortgage News;6/6/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 37, p20
Provides a list of nonprime mortgage securitizations that have received ratings from Moody's Investors Service in New York. Ratings assigned to the senior bonds issued by Impac CMB Trust Series 2005-4; Issuance of the senior certificates by Morgan Stanley ABS Capital Inc.; Comparison between the...
- MOODY'S RAISES N.Y. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;12/15/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32279, p1
The article focuses on the upgraded ratings on New York State general obligation debt by Moody's Investors Service Inc. The company has upgraded the rating on the general obligation debt to Aa3 from A1 and has assigned a stable outlook to the current trends in the economy. The agency also...