Ohio to Appeal Court's Decision on Investment Tax Credit
- Metcom finds alarming figures on new orders. // Professional Engineering;10/31/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 20, p4
Presents survey results on the decline of quarterly earnings in the manufacturing industry. Reduction of capital expenditure on plant and machinery; Introduction of tax cuts and credits; Decrease of domestic orders.
- Chrysler to appeal ruling. Connelly, Mary // Automotive News;9/6/2004, Vol. 79 Issue 6110, p1
The Chrysler group will appeal a court decision affecting its Jeep Liberty assembly plant in Toledo, Ohio. The Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals held that investment tax credits awarded to the company in 1998 were unconstitutional. Meanwhile, Haden International Group in Auburn Hills, Michigan,...
- MBDS creating 40 new jobs. // Toledo Business Journal;Apr2014, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p1
The article reports that Findlay, Ohio-based automotive supplier Manufacturing Business Development Solutions LLC (MBDS) is planning to open a new manufacturing facility in the Highland Acres Industrial Park in Wyandot County, as a part of its business expansion plans. The firm decided to...
- InSinkErator announces Wisconsin expansion plan. // PM Engineer;Jun2014, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p18
The article reports on InSinkErator's announcement of its expansion plans for its manufacturing facilities in Kenosha and Racine, Wisconsin. Topics covered include the allocation of 65 million dollar budget for the project, receipt of tax credit of 15.5 million dollars, generation of at least...
- Cool it. Delgado, Steve // Inside Tucson Business;1/13/2003, Vol. 12 Issue 32, p6
Reports on the business strategy of Aircool Pads in Tucson, Arizona. Acquisition of tax credits from the federal Empowerment Zone; Quality of the product; Anticipation of company needs.
- News in brief. // Professional Engineering;8/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 15, p4
Reports developments concerning the global manufacturing industry. Deadline for the Queen's Award for Enterprise 2002; Plans of Calsonic International to invest an aluminum radiator manufacturing plant in Llanelli, Wales; Business plans of Zander and Dominick Hunter Hiross to create a company...
- State advocating extension of manufacturing tax credit. Prizinsky, David // Crain's Cleveland Business;04/12/99, Vol. 20 Issue 15, p9
Focuses on tax breaks given to Ohio-based manufacturers under the state's machinery and equipment investment tax credit program. Credits as a reflection of total capital spending statewide; Plans of the Ohio Department of Development to extend the program until the year 2005.
- Pritceff fund receives $1.5 million. Cintron, Hiram // Caribbean Business;4/21/1994, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p6
Reports on the allocation of $1.5 million for the Puerto Rico Investors' Tax Credit Enhanced Film Fund which is operating under the Puerto Rico Capital Funds Act. Planned sale of the fund; Capital Funds Act's permission for investors to deduct 25 percent of their investment from the tax...
- Don't overlook SR&ED. Van Den Beld, David; Reain, Shawn // Canadian Mining Journal;Jun/Jul2009, Vol. 130 Issue 5, p30
The article explains the Scientific Research and Experiment Development (SR&ED) investment tax credits (ITCs). The program aims to make Canadian companies develop new or improved technologically-advanced products or procedures to produce knowledge and jobs in the region. The criteria are...