Scott: Lawyers Will Need to Adapt to Increased Enforcement
- IRS Taps Cono Namorato to Head OPR. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;12/30/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31790, p3
Reports on the appointment of Cono Namorato as director of the Internal Revenue Service's Office of Professional Responsibility in the U.S. Responsibility of Namorato; Reason for Namorato's appointment; Career profile of the appointed executive.
- Update on the IRS's Office of Professional Responsibility: The Importance of Firm Responsibility. Namorato, Cono // Tax Executive;Jan/Feb2005, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p43
Presents a speech by Cono Namorato, Director of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service's Office of Professional Responsibility, delivered during the American Bar Association's Section of Taxation on January 22, 2005. Background on the emphasis on professional ethics in taxation; Overview of the...
- Former OPR chief aimed to make it visible, effective. // Accounting Today;7/24/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 13, p5
Interviews Cono R. Namorato, former CIO of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Office of Professional Responsibility. Overview of the trend in the profession when the CIO was appointed at the office; Objectives of the plan to continue the modernization of the IRS and to enhance enforcement;...
- Irs briefing. // Practical Accountant;Mar2003, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p15
Presents news items related to the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Replacement of the Office of Director of Practice with the Office of Professional Responsibility; George W. Bush's nomination of Mark Everson as commissioner of the IRS; Memorandum on constituting taxable income.
- Ex-OPR Head Namorato Returning to Caplin. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;4/18/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32362, p4
The article reports on the return of Cono R. Namorato, the former director of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service's Office of Professional Responsibility, in private practice beginning with his employment at Caplin & Drysdale LLP in April 2006. He previously worked for Caplin for 25 years,...
- IRS Head Fell in Love at Ghostbusters. // Washingtonian Magazine;Apr2007, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p8
The article presents an interview with Mark Everson, the 46th commissioner of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) in the U.S. When asked about his favorite movie, he refers to "Ghostbusters." He says that people are often startled when they first meet him. He mentions Sam Bodman, secretary of...
- IRS's IT upgrade is plagued by delays and cost overruns. Rankin, Ken // Accounting Today;3/15/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p5
Discusses the delay in the upgrade of the computer system of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Remarks from IRS Commissioner Mark Everson on the delay of the upgrade; Reasons for the delay of the computer system upgrade; Description of the database platform of IRS.
- ABA Calls on Treasury to Simplify Yield-Reduction Compliance. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;5/5/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32375, p35
The article reports on the recommendation issued by American Bar Association's (ABA) tax section in May 2006 that the Department of Treasury should simplify compliance with arbitrage yield restriction in the U.S. ABA tax section's tax-exempt financing committee has wrote a letter to the Internal...
- IRS: Most YB Claims Won't Hurt Bonds. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;7/23/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31186, p1
Reports on the United States Internal Revenue Service's announcement that bond issuers can receive money from settlements of class action yield-burning suits without jeopardizing the tax-exempt status of their bonds. Conditions and requirements to avail of such right; Positive impact of the...