DERIVATIVES & STRUCTURED PRODUCTS
- Long-Term Muni Volume Was $34.24B in June. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;7/1/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31917, p1
Presents updates related to bond market in the U.S. as of July 1, 2004. Amount of long-term municipal bonds; Issuance of the bond for teh first half of 2004; Rise in interest rates in the market; Strength of the issuance of bonds.
- Market Post: Muni Yields Fall, Following Treasuries. Flynn, Hillary; Smith, Kate // Bondbuyer.com;9/29/2014, p23
The article reports a decline in municipal bond yields by as much as 2 basis points while the front end of the curve held steady. Topics discussed include the drop in Treasuries' yields as tensions in the Middle East worsened after U.S. President Barack Obama ordered for an airstrike on Islamic...
- Market statistics. // Bond Buyer;01/28/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30567, p35
Presents statistics on the bond market in the United States as of January 28, 1999. Market indicators; Short-term tax-exempt yields; Securities prices; Municipal market data general obligation yields; One-year note index; Reoffering yields; Municipal bond index; Municipal bond prices.
- Fed's Rate Cut Is Helping Some Get Over Their Fear of Munis. Harris, Elizabeth E. // Bond Buyer;10/20/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30503, p6
Discusses the impact of the Federal Reserve's unexpected rate cut to the municipal market. Desirability of shorter-term tax-exempts; Credit consciousness of the retail investor; Favorability of prefunded bonds; Volatility in the long end of the market with Treasuries; Appeal of short-term...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;12/29/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31047, p39
Presents statistics pertaining to municipal bonds in the United States as of December 29, 2000. Market indicators; Short-term tax-exempt yields; Securities prices; State and local government series rates; Futures market; Reoffering yields.
- D.C. Officials Thrilled at Negotiated $400M Trans Sale With 1.09% Rate. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;11/24/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33010, p6
The article reports on the negotiated sale of $400 million of tax revenue anticipation notes (TRANS) by Washington D.C. at an interest rate of 1.09%. The rate was far better than 3.13% that the district received for $300 million of TRANS it sold last fall of 2008 and was a slight improvement...
- Return-Wise, Munis Beat Expectations. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;1/5/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31793, p1
Reports on the weak performance of the municipal bond market during 2003 in the U.S. Factors contributed to the weak performance of the market; Comparison on the annual total return between 2002 and 2003; Maintenance in the increase of interest rate.
- Market snapshot: Wednesday, February 3. // Bond Buyer;02/04/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30572, p2
Provides information pertaining to bond market in the United States as of February 3, 1998, including yields on government securities and the municipal bond index.
- Market Statistics. // Bond Buyer;8/3/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32437, p36
The article presents statistics on the municipal bond market in the United States as of August 3, 2006. They include market indicators, short-term tax-exempt yields, securities prices, municipal market data general obligation yields, visible supply declines, new-issue balances, reoffering...