Pennsylvania County Adds Disputed Swap Fees to Budget
- Parliament delays vote on main budget figures. // Hungary A.M.;11/26/2013, p4
The article reports on the decision of the members of parliament (MPs) to postpone a vote on the main figures of the 2014 budget with only the amendments to the planned budget and the 2014 cornerstone figures to be voted earlier.
- A common-sense approach to escape our debt quagmire. Udall, Mark // Hill;12/13/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 172, p22
The author discusses the need for a common-sense balanced-budget amendment in 2011 in the U.S.
- Senate Agrees To Reconciliation On Tax-Cut Package. // Human Events;04/23/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 15, p22
Reports on the vote of the United States Senate to agree on an amendment to the budget resolution that would prevent a filibuster of tax cuts. Details on the amendment; Comments from legislators.
- Amendment Slows $1.2B Colo. Sale. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;11/10/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31015, p1
Reports the effect of Constitutional Amendment 23 on the state budget of Colorado. Aim of the amendment to increase funding to education; Reallocation of the state budget; Effect on state transport projects; Plan of local and state officials to reject the amendment.
- Balanced Budget Amendment is major bipartisan gamble. // Human Events;3/4/94, Vol. 50 Issue 8, p1
Reports on the status of the proposed Balanced Budget Amendment in the Senate. Support of the conservatives; Opposition of the Democrat-controlled Congress; Popularity in the House; Key operative language of the amendment; Public opinion; Trends in per-capita debts; Leading opponents; Potential...
- Rep: Balanced fed budget would fix our nation's economic woes. DeWitt, David // Athens News;4/14/2014, p21
The article presents information on the call of U.S. congressman Steve Stivers for the budget amendment of the federad government at the Athens County Republican Party spring dinner in Ohio. Stivers wants a balanced budget amendment for the government to fix the economic slowdown in the nation....
- Kilgore Lost His Own Election. Gizzi, John // Human Events;11/14/2005, Vol. 61 Issue 39, p1
This article reports on the defeat of Attorney General Jerry Kilgore during the gubernatorial elections in Virginia in November 2005. Gubernatorial candidate Jerry Kilgore was the only Republican loser in three statewide races in Virginia. Pointing out that President George W. Bush made an...
- Budget committee proposes increase in support for consolidation of local-council debt. // Hungary A.M.;11/22/2013, p7
The article reports on the 2014 draft budget amendment proposed by the budget committee of the Hungarian Parliament which could contribute to local-council debt consolidation.
- House Rejects Workers' Comp Budget Amendment Changes. // Insurance Advocate;04/29/2000, Vol. 111 Issue 18, p7
Reports that the Massachusetts House of Representatives has completed work on a state budget as of April 2000, rejecting in the process amendments that would have changed the workers' compensation system. Reaction from the American Insurance Association.