Upgraded California Prepares $500M Sale
- Power Utility Mergers in N.Y., N.J. May Affect Muni Market. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;2/28/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32328, p4
The article discusses the influence of the mergers and acquisitions among New York and New Jersey power providers in the municipal bond market. The planned 7.3 billion acquisition of KeySpan Corp. by National Grid affected the market by roughly $804 million of KeySpan debt, also affecting the...
- California Bond Election Negotiations Begin to Heat Up as Deadline Looms. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;3/10/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32336, p36
The article reports on the ongoing negotiations in Sacramento as the deadline looms to place a major infrastructure bond package on California's June 6, 2006 primary ballot. Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger has outlined his infrastructure plan, proposing a spending package that included $68...
- Munis Firm as Heavy Calendar Draws Bidders. Curran, William; Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;5/25/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32389, p2
The article focuses on the status of municipal bonds in the U.S. Bidders are enticed into the market due to new bond issues including the one billion-dollar of Illinois State Toll Highway Authority bonds. According to traders, tax-exempt yields decline by two or three basis points as dealers...
- Munis Continue to Weaken on Treasury Performance, $8 Billion in New Issues. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;3/30/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31852, p2
Focuses on the weak performance of municipal bonds in the United States during the March 30, 2004 session. Amount of new issues in the market; Total worth of Florida-based Miami-Dade County's aviation revenue and revenue refunding bond offerings on behalf of Miami International Airport.
- Big Deals From Houston, Washington Should Boost Yields. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;5/17/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31885, p6
Reports on the volume of primary market municipal bond deals in the U.S. for the week of May 17, 2004. Major deals from various states; Yields expected by investors; Pricing of deals; Use of proceeds from the transactions.
- N.J. Arena Plan May Hit Snag As Protesters Seek Referendum. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;6/4/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31898, p3
Reports that the Newark, N.J., Housing Authority's upcoming $199.4 million rent-backed bond sale may be thrown into question as a legal battle between city officials and proponents of a referendum plan gets underway in 2004. Key issues of interest; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant...
- Jobs Data Expectations Drive Up Municipal Bond Indexes. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;6/4/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31898, p52
Reports that most of "The Bond Buyer" newspaper's weekly municipal bond yield indexes rose at the end of May 2004 as expectations mounted that the release of the May employment report on June 2004 will be favorable and prompt the Federal Reserve to raise short-term rates later in June 2004. Key...
- The Digest. // Bond Buyer;7/9/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31922, p1
Reports that the municipal bond market finished higher on July 8, 2004, led by aggressive new issue pricing, continuous investment demand and earlier gains in Treasuries.
- Munis Rise on Aggressive Pricing And Earlier Gains by Treasuries. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;7/9/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31922, p2
Reports that the municipal bond market finished higher on July 8, 2004, led by aggressive new-issue pricing, continuous reinvestment demand and earlier gains in securities. Key issues of interest; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues; Implications on the bond market.