South Carolina School District GOs to Help Cover Payments in Nonprofit Plan
- Texas' Frisco School District to Sell $96.5 Million of GOs. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/5/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32561, p6
The article focuses on the $96.5 million offering of the Frisco Independent School District's general obligation bonds in Frisco, Texas. This deal aims to finance new facilities needed for the district's flourishing population. $70 million of the Series 2007 bonds are new money, with proceeds...
- San Antonio ISD to Sell $100M While Voting on Another $693M. Philyaw, Jason // Bond Buyer;5/1/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32619, p34
The article reports on the plan of Northside Independent School District in San Antonio to issue $100 million of variable-rate, unlimited-tax school building bonds during the bond election in Texas. Northside executive director of budget and finance Oscar Cardenas said that most of the proceeds...
- Cincinnati Schools Sell $480 Million; Cash Yields Rise 3 to 5 Basis Points. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;10/16/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31741, p2
Reports developments on bond issuance in the U.S. as of October 16, 2003. Amount on the unlimited-tax general obligation bond loan issued by the Cincinnati School District; Pricing of general obligation bonds by Seasongood & Mayer; Insurer to the bonds issued by A.G. Edwards & Sons Inc.
- Dallas School District to Exhaust $2.7B Allocation With $1.03B Sale. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;11/1/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33408, p40
The article reports on the plan of the Dallas Independent School District to take a 1.03 billion dollars worth of bonds before Thanksgiving Day to exhaust more than 2.7 billion dollars of total debt approved by voters in 2008 and 2002 in Texas. It states that the sale will include taxable Build...
- Unintended Consequence of Centralized Public School Funding in Michigan Education. Zimmer, Ron; Jones, John T. // Southern Economic Journal;Jan2005, Vol. 71 Issue 3, p534
As part of the movement to create greater spending equity among school districts, states have centralized funding for public education and instituted funding formulas where high-spending districts are often constrained in their operational expenditures. However, these school districts often...
- Final Sale for Capitol. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;11/15/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33616, p9
The article reports on the 55 million-dollar revenue bonds for the renovation of Kansas state capitol in Topeka, Kansas by Kansas Development Finance Authority, which is anticipated to be the last and 11th sale of the 20-year revenue bonds for the proceeds of the renovation project.
- Buckeye Building Agency Offers $80M, Mostly BABs. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;3/16/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33282, p6
The article reports on the approximately 80 million dollars revenue bonds to be offered by the Ohio Building Authority in a deal for taxable Build America Bonds (BABs) and traditional tax-exempt debt.
- Eastern promise. Kriegler, Yun // Lawyer 2B;Autumn2012, p15
The article reports on the increase of innovative bonds and debt financing offerings in the Middle East and Asia Pacific.
- Georgia's Cherokee, Forsyth County School Districts Selling $300 Million. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;3/14/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32586, p3
The article reports on the $300 million of debt for different funding need sold by the Cherokee and Forsyth county school districts in Atlanta, Georgia. Cherokee County School District will sell $167 million of general obligation bonds in March 15, 2007 while $130 million for Forsyth County...