WSCC Approves Two Measures, Allowing Projects to Progress
- The challenge of fixing multiple water problems. Guercia, Steve // New Hampshire Business Review;4/5/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p7B
Focuses on the challenges of fixing multiple problems in water supply. Importance of recognizing how a combination of treatment systems affects each other; Maximization of flow and pressure to the system; Design challenges.
- A watery grave? // Contract Journal;10/18/2006, Vol. 435 Issue 6597, p56
The article reports that all contractors undertaking onsite dewatering will have to pay more heed to the environmental impact of their operations. This is due to changes being introduced under the Water Resources Act 1991, which remove current exemptions and move dewatering up the agenda when...
- Utilities 'thwarting regeneration' // Building Design;7/5/2002, Issue 1540, p4
Focuses on a report which revealed that British utility companies are generating profit from regeneration projects and delaying their progress as of July 2002. Factors that hinder such projects; Reason for condemning the utilities by the report.
- A Water Supply Cost Model Incorporating Spatial Variables. Clark, Robert M.; Stevie, Richard G. // Land Economics;Feb81, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p18
The article discusses a water supply model incorporating spatial variables. Public utilities can be divided into those providing transportation services and those which provide services through physical connection between the plant of the supplier and the premises of consumers. In the first...
- Water Market Quarterly. // Utility Week;12/18/2015, p26
The article reports on the status of the British water utilities market as of the fourth quarter of 2015. Topics discussed include the progress made in the planned opening of the non-domestic water market, the information technology (IT) company CGI Group winning the contract to build the IT...
- Italy and Spain are main in the drain league. // Utility Week;6/27/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p11
Focuses on a report from the European Environment Agency which branded Italy and Spain as being water stressed. Problems of water-stressed countries; European countries with low water stress.
- Bank to fund United's push eastward. // Utility Week;8/29/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p11
Details the plan of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development to lend an unspecified sum to United Utilities BV to enable the company to buy stakes in central European water companies. Names of the water companies; Investment programs of the water companies.
- Performance Measurement Factors for Water Supply: A Systematic Review. Balfaqih, Hasan; Nopiah, Zulkifli Mohd // AIP Conference Proceedings;2015, Vol. 1643 Issue 1, p770
To ensure that the water supply utilities achieve optimal performance, an appropriate track of performance on water supply services' operations and outcomes is fundamentally required. This could be accomplished by developing and implementing a performance analysis framework that is rigorously...
- Interaction analysis of stakeholders in water supply systems. Tillman, T.; Larsen, T.A.; Pahl-Wostl, C.; Gujer, W. // Water Science & Technology;2001, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p319
An analysis of the characteristic goals, strategies and rules of behavior of relevant stakeholders allows the efficacy and potential risks of past and current engineering and management concepts to be estimated. The study is driven by the observable shift from security to cost-centered...