Richmond Assesses Damage at $60M Following Storm
- Sixth circuit rules on Title VII compensatory damage cap. // Army Lawyer;Feb98, Issue 303, p49
Reports that the United States Court of Appeal for the Sixth Circuit ruled that the Title VII compensatory damage cap is a limit on the amount of recovery possible for an entire lawsuit. When this judgment was made; Provisions which the ruling made.
- Damages. // California Law Review;Nov68, Vol. 56 Issue 6, p1645
Focuses on legal issues relevant to damages in California raised by the case, 'Jehl v. Southern Pacific Co.' Approval of the use of additur by trial judges; Questions about the constitutionality of the damages.
- Damages claim exceeds PII cover. // Accountancy;Mar1990, Vol. 105 Issue 1159, p8
Focuses on damages claim exceeding its coverage in Great Britain. Factors affecting the damages claim.
- The Hidden Treasure of the Palestinian Economy: The Economic Implications of Refugee Compensation. Schnell, Izhak // Palestine-Israel Journal of Politics, Economics & Culture;2008, Vol. 15 Issue 1/2, p195
The article discusses the issue of Palestinian refugees and the study by Palestinian and Israeli team to reach mutual agreement on equal compensation. It notes that the amount of compensation required for rehabilitation and resettlement of displaced people is $80 billion. Emphasis is attained to...
- FEMA crew working on blizzard damage reimbursement. // Native American Times;1/16/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p2
The article reports on the effort of the U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to assess the amount to be reimbursed to rural electric cooperatives and counties torn by blizzard in South Dakota on November 5-7, 2008. Estimate was first around $4.8 million in damages, mainly to the...
- Infrastructure Provision, Development Processes and the Co-production of Environmental Value. Marvin, Simon; Guy, Simon // Urban Studies (Routledge);Dec97, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p2023
Summary. This paper argues that the current debate about developer contributions in relation to infrastructure networks is blinding us to radical shifts emerging in the relationship between infrastructure providers and developers. Moreover, we suggest that conventional planning discourse about...
- Public infrastructure and regional economic development. Eberts, Randall W. // Economic Review (00130281);1990 1st Quarter, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p15
Summarizes previous works that has examined the effect of public infrastructure on various types of economic development at the state and local levels. Discussion of various ways to measure public infrastructure; Examination of the effects of public infrastructure on regional growth; Emphasis...
- Discussion: Social Capital as an Important Lever in Economic Development Policy and Private Strategy. Schmid, A. Allan // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;Aug2003, Vol. 85 Issue 3, p716
Focuses on social capital as an important lever in economic development policy and private strategy. Relationship of infrastructure and education to differences in development; Industrial food marketing; Social structure of competition.
- Sarasota County's $300 million infrastructure investment reflects commitment to economic development. Larned, Janice // Sarasota Magazine;Summer2003, Vol. 25 Issue 10, pB8
Reports that the infrastructure investment in Sarasota County, Florida, mirrors dedication to economic development. Quality of life; Economic vitality;.