Los Angeles MTA Plans to Sell S200M of Auction-Rate Debt
- Official: N.J. Saved $41M by Selling ARS. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;11/3/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32995, p1
The article reports on the decision by the New Jersey Treasury officials to evaluate the state for having sold fixed-rated bonds by $3.4 billion of auction-rate debt. The officials discovered that the state has managed its market despite the spike in auction-rate costs after the market for such...
- DFW Plans $337M Conversion. Philyaw, Jason // Bond Buyer;3/24/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32841, p1
The article focuses on the conversion of the Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport's (DFW) $337.1 million auction-rate bonds into fixed-rate debt through a negotiated sale in Texas. The move could be attributed to the continued turmoil in the auction-rate market. The auction-rate debt worked...
- Healthy finances. // New Zealand Doctor;5/20/2009, p33
The article presents information on bonds and their role as shock absorbers in a balanced investment portfolio. The entities that issue a bond are governments, local authorities and companies. Several terms that people investing in bonds should be familiar with are defined including face value,...
- straight bond. // International Dictionary of Finance, 4th Edition;2003, p255
A definition of the term "straight bond" is presented. It refers to a bond at a fixed rate of interest without conversion, or not replaceable with a new bond or equity.
- Battery Park City Refunding to Give $232M to N.Y.C. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/23/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31746, p4
Reports on the refunding allocation provided by the Battery Park City Authority to New York City. Permission of the authority to acquire property from New York City; Increase of funding for ongoing projects; Release of fix-rate senior-revenue bonds.
- Georgetown University to Convert $550M of ARS in Coming Weeks. Funk, Lynne // Bond Buyer;9/5/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32955, p5
The article reports on the decision of Georgetown University to convert its auction-rate securities (ARS) in Washington. It states that the university begins to convert $551.4 million of ARS into fixed-rate and variable-rate debt, starting with a conversation of $214.7 million to fixed-rate debt...
- Property fund prices see-saw. De Klerk, Vic // Finance Week;5/31/2004, p48
Provides information on the fixed interest-bearing assets of several countries, as of May 2004. Decline in the price of the Brazilian bond; Increase in the interest rate of government bonds in the U.S.; Information on the long-term rate of R153 Government bond in South Africa.
- MBTA Plans $816 Million Sales Tax Deal, Mostly Refunding. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/14/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32070, p4
Reports the plan of the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority to sell senior sales tax bonds in deal that is mostly refunding and expected to generate savings. Senior manager for the fixed-rate deal; Moody's Investors Service's rating of the sales tax bonds.
- Chicago Water District Seeks Long-Term Fixed Rate With $210 Million Refunding. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/28/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32577, p8
The article reports on the launch of a general obligation refunding by the Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago in Illinois. The general obligation refunding, amounting $210, is being sold through a 10-member syndicate led by Banc of America Securities LLC. The move came...