Crimebusters on show
- MILIPOL RETURNS TO QATAR. Coleman, Gina // Middle East;Nov2000, Issue 306, p40
Previews the Milipol Qatar 2000, the four-day international military, police and industrial security exhibition to be held in Doha, Qatar, in November. Expected number of delegates; Showcasing of vehicles, weaponry, security and surveillance equipment and uniforms and ancillary services;...
- Fitting the police's bill. Goddard, Charlotte // Marketing Event;Sep98, p27
Presents information on the third International Police and Security Expo, organized by Labelex Exhibitions on July 14-16, 1998 at the National Exhibition Center in England. Sectors that planned to be included in the show; Comment from Peter Myers, advertising manager at Labelex; Views of some...
- Milipol makes a mark in the Gulf. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;12/6/1996, Vol. 40 Issue 49, Milipol '96 p1
Reports on the 1996 Milipol security systems exhibition in Qatar. Number of companies which attended the event; Products shown at the exhibition; Highlights of the event. INSETS: Bright future for leader of the new Gulf.;A Croat rescue story..
- Computer-Centric COMDEX Turns to Security Apps. Zalud, Bill // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Dec99, Vol. 29 Issue 16, p25
Reports on issues relating to security systems covered at the 1999 Comdex Computer Show in Las Vegas, Nevada. Establishment of the Home Audio Video Interoperability (HAVi) Organization; Security system exhibited by Microsoft Corp. as part of its Home Living Room demonstration; Fingerprint-based...
- Hot ISC heats up industry. Zalud // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Oct99, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p25
Highlights the holding of the International Security Conference in August 1999 in New York City. Showcasing of application of technology on security systems; Attendees' interest in security products, management tips and networking opportunities; Innovations in closed circuit television equipment.
- ISC EXPO presents Security Expo Miami. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Oct99, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p43
Reports on the plan of the Association Expositions and Services to return the International Security Conference and Exhibition to Miami, Florida, in the year 2000. Security Industry Association's treatment of the event as an annual form for product introductions; Booth size restrictions.
- Bletchley Park's exhibition: 'The internet - security and privacy for all'. // Multimedia Information & Technology;Feb2010, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p8
The article reviews the exhibition "Security and Privacy for All," at the National Museum of Computing at Bletchley Park in Milton Keynes, England from October to December 15, 2009.
- How much should you pay for home security? Clark, Brian L. // Money;Aug1998, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p128
Examines the use of home security systems. Drawbacks to such systems; Views of Scott Decker, University of Missouri, St. Louis, and Dietrich Smith; Systems not universal deterrents; Burglars' strategies to get around systems; Message sent by having a system; Use of keep-away tactics against...
- MILIPOL '98 outstrips expectations. Smith, Dexter Jerome // Middle East;Dec98, Issue 285, p19
Focuses on the success of the police and security exhibition, MILIPOL '98 in Doha, Qatar in November. Value of security-related business negotiated at the event; Products displayed; Negotiation for a project to complete development of an Olympic standard shooting range complex to give the Qatar...