Protecting content in the digital era
- Indie Nets Face Barren Landscape. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;6/9/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 23, p28
A group of new and independently owned cable networks plan to launch alternatives to cable operators' digital-cable platforms, within next 12 months, as of June 9, 2003. Having an array of financial backers, reasonable rate-card fees and content, these entrepreneurs believe operators are...
- Reach or Frequency Debate. Chunovic, Louis // Television Week;4/14/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 15, p7
Focuses on the development of the Turner Multidimensional Analytic Platform. Developers of the platform; Information on the broadcast-reach debate between cable television operators and broadcasters; Uniqueness of Millennium III system.
- The On-Demand Continuum. Necessary, Steven // Communications Technology;Feb2003, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p56
Comments on issues related to the on-demand content technology in relation to the cable television industry. Expansion of continuum of on-demand video services; Details of subscription video-on-demand and free-on-demand services; Appeal of advertising on demand in the form of the long format ad.
- Cutting edge. Dickson, Glen // Broadcasting & Cable;11/20/95, Vol. 125 Issue 47, p46
Reports on technological developments in the cable television and broadcasting industry in the United States as of November 20, 1995. Topic of discussion at the 1995 Public Television International Advanced Television Workshop; Collaboration between Leitch and Keystone Communications to supply...
- Change is the key to survival. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;12/07/98, Vol. 17 Issue 50, p26
Explains how cable network operators can position themselves as provider of advanced services and digital products. Alignment with telephone companies; Generation of telephony-related revenue; Efforts to redefine image as purveyor of popular culture; Consolidation activity; Cable's need to...
- Innovation Brings Success. Hill, Lee Alan // Television Week;9/6/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 36, p22
Presents information on the innovations and initiatives introduced by ESPN from 1979 to 2004 which led to the success of the cable television network. Program format used by ESPN for its coverage of the National Collegiate Athletic Association Basketball Tournament; Contract between the...
- Cable firms plot data course. Smalley, Eric // PC Week;12/13/93, Vol. 10 Issue 49, p45
Reports on the cable television industry's entry into the wireless and data-communications markets, relying on a mix of fiber-optic, coaxial and wireless transmission facilities. Joint venture of five major communication companies; Challenges posed by entry into the data-communications field;...
- SKY PLAY:AN EXPERT'S VIEW. George, Jason // Campaign;10/26/2001, Issue 43, p12
Focuses on the Sky Play interactive programming of Sky Sports Extra in Europe. Features of Sky Play; Simplicity of the interface and application functions; Proposals for further technological improvement.
- The Proof Is in the Coding. Crupi, Anthony // Cable World (10427228);11/4/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 41, p37
Reports on the success of Midstream Technologies to wire its IP2160 server into an undisclosed cable network in November 2002. Comments of Midstream President Ed Huguez on getting an industry standard architecture compliance; Measures that must be taken by cable operators to outshine digital...