Exploring the converged network
- Exploring the converged network. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/6/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 36, Special section p6
Deals with the effort of broadband service providers to lay the groundwork and preparation to build an all-digital, Internet Protocol (IP) converged network. Problems inherent in an a network laden with IP technology; Launch of the all-digital, IP-heavy system California Style from Charter...
- MUSH! Charter Forges Into Commercial Services. // Multichannel News;9/24/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 37, p20
The article offers information on the future success of the company Charter Communications in the commercial-services arena-MUSH. It informs that the company is late to the business-services game although it has been selling services to businesses for more than a decade. The company is beginning...
- GRAVE danger? Brown, Karen // CED;Feb2005, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p20
Focuses on the struggle of circuit-switched telephony, the technology that gave cable operators an entry to voice service, against being pushed aside for the latest technology, voice-over-Internet Protocol. Charter Communications Inc.'s constant bitrate telephony market; Inclusion of customer...
- Charter architects VoIP plans. // CED;Jun2004, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p12
Reports on Charter Communications' plan to push through with its Internet Protocol telephony efforts using multiple architectures. Offer of a distributed PacketCable platform already in use in Wausau, Wisconsin; Operating agreements of the company with Nortel Networks and Cedar Point Communications.
- Another Windows NT security hole. Kearns, Dave // Network World;06/15/98, Vol. 15 Issue 24, p22
Reports on the discovery by Counterpane Systems company of flaws in Microsoft Corporation's implementation of Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol, which is used in commercial private networks. Information on the flaw; Impact of the flaw; Detailed description of the problem; Insight on a second...
- Graceful restart improves on BGP. Gill, Dan // Network World;10/7/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 40, p37
Reports on the efforts of the Internet community to extend the capabilities of Border Gateway Protocol (BGP). Aims of the Graceful Restart Mechanism for BGP; Protocol modification steps involved in the mechanism.
- What is... HTTP/2? // PC Pro;Jun2015, Issue 248, p127
The article reports that hypertext transfer protocol (HTTP) will be updated for the first time since June 1999 and new features will make pages to load more quickly, compression of header and condensing transmissions to a single server connection.
- Multimedia mail gets a boost. Musich, Paula // PC Week;1/11/93, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p56
Reports on the implementation of a Windows version of an Internet transmission control protocol/Internet protocol (TCP/IP) standard for transmitting multimedia and multipart documents with Simple Mail Transfer Protocol by Frontier Technologies Incorporated. Support for Multipurpose Internet...
- WinSock expands beyond TCP/IP. Chernicoff, David P. // PC Week;7/10/95, Vol. 12 Issue 27, pN/1
Introduces the WinSock 2.0 software. Features; Capabilities; Applications; Product support. INSETS: For more info, dial..;Ticket to ride..