FOR THE RECORD
- New Nielsen technologies spur debate. Hull, Tim // Inside Tucson Business;07/03/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 15, p1
Focuses on local media players' call for new methods of gauging television program ratings in Tucson, Arizona. Complaints about the diary system; Accuracy of the meter system; Potential of the Arbitron Portable People Meter.
- An Outdoor Ratings Manifesto. Ephron, Erwin // MediaWeek;10/27/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 39, p20
Focuses on resorting to data integration of ratings services in the television industry in the U.S. Problem with survey research between high-tech and high sample counts; Disadvantages of using package-reporting; Insufficiency of consumer survey data on providing the details required by an...
- If we could be Frank, it should still be about the news and not the newsman. Guider, Elizabeth // Hollywood Reporter Weekend Edition;8/14/2009, Vol. 411 Issue 4, p20
The article presents the author's comments on the changing face of TV news coverage and the opinions of journalists. The author says that objectivity is a debunked concept, and what the important issues are today have shifted, or at least widened dramatically. There's more on TV about child...
- WCVB Offers Guarantees. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;11/17/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 46, p31
Highlights the potential proliferation of ratings guarantees in Boston, Massachusetts as of November 2003, one year after the inauguration of Nielsen's local people meter in the city. Issues on the decision of WCVB-TV to release ratings guarantees for its entire schedule; Criticism on the diary...
- RAI, Mediaset avoid sanction. Bennett, Ray; Williams, Chad // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;3/14/2005, Vol. 388 Issue 10, p46
This article focuses on the Italian Communication Authority which has said that state broadcaster RAI and its commercial competitor Mediaset will not face sanctions over their dominant position in the television advertising market in 2004. Those penalties could have amounted to between â‚¬60...
- Hottest Broadcast Network. // Adweek;12/5/2011, Vol. 52 Issue 43, p30
The article focuses on the CBS Television Network, which is presented with one of the publication's Hot List awards for mass media for the ratings strength of its prime time television programs and the program "The Late Show With David Letterman."
- Niche auds measured in big pool. Marich, Robert // Variety;1/9/2012, Vol. 425 Issue 8, p24
The article discusses a change in television program rating systems in which research firms are attempting to measure much larger samples of television viewers in order to more accurately measure the audiences of programs with smaller audiences.
- Spin Out of Control. Berman, Marc // MediaWeek;10/11/2004, Vol. 14 Issue 36, p44
Comments on the claim of television networks in the U.S. about the rating of its television programs. Accusation of the television networks against a television ratings researcher; Guidelines for measuring success in new television program series; Status of the television networks.
- Share and Share Unlike. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;9/29/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 35, p5
Reports on the increase in U.S. cable television' ratings despite the launch by broadcast networks of new program lineups for fall 2003. Attributions to the success; Top-rating cable television programs; Remarks from industry analysts.