A Digital Disney World for Sports Junkies
- Brazil's Pay TV Game. Penteado, Claudia // Ad Age Global;May2001, Vol. 1 Issue 9, p32
Provides information on the different cable television operators in Brazil that provide pay-per-view services for sports programs and events. Viewership of soccer and extreme sports events; Pay-per-view rates from Pan-American Sports Network and SporTV; Advertisers of cable and satellite networks.
- TVKO Starts Slowly With 2001 Fight Slate. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;01/29/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p22
Reports on developments related to pay-per-view (PPV) broadcast of boxing in the United States as of January 29, 2001. PPV operator TVKO's plan to distribute the April 7, 2001, bout between Prince Naseem Hamed and Marco Antonio Barerra; Boxer Oscar De La Hoya's termination of his contract with...
- On Deck. // CableFAX Daily;9/30/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 190, p1
The article reports on the launching of regional sports cable network SportsNet New York in Spring 2005. Sports events that it will organize are listed. Star attractions of the network are described.
- TVKO's Next Pitch: Vargas-Trinidad. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;11/27/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 48, p132
Focuses on the plans of pay-per-view operator TVKO for the Fernando Vargas-Felix Trinidad boxing match on December 2, 2000. Benefits to be derived from the multimedia promotional campaign; Advertising plans.
- Late Breaking News. // Cable World (10427228);8/25/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 32, p5
Presents updates on cable television industry in the U.S. as of August 25, 2003. Resignation of Kim Kelly at Insight Communications; Findings of a survey of direct broadcast satellite (DBS) subscription; Information on a promotion of TBS cable network for its television coverage of college...
- Hopkins Welcomes HBO PPV. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;10/8/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 41, p2
Reports the successful opening of Home Box Office Pay Per View (PPV) via the fight of boxer Felix Trinidad Bernard Hopkins. Delay of the fight; Pursuit for PPV events in lighter weight classes for 2002; Significance of the event.
- The Sports Net That Fox Built. Scanlon, Mavis // Cable World (10427228);10/27/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 39, p12
Focuses on the business operations of sports cable television network Fox Sports Networks (FSN). Pressures faced by FSN from cable distributors; Solutions to the problem that FSN faced from cable distributors; Statement from Ben Thompson, president of FSN.
- ESPN's Action-Packed Highlights Reel. Schley, Stewart // Multichannel News;9/6/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 36, p16
Focuses on the development of the Entertainment and Sports Programming Network (ESPN) in Connecticut. Broadcast network model followed by ESPN; Relationship of ESPN with the cable industry; Historic achievements of the industry. INSET: ESPN DRIVES DISNEY'S CABLE REVENUE ENGINE.
- Taking Their Best TV Shots. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;8/9/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 32, p11
Focuses on the launch of several team-controlled regional sport networks across the U.S. in October 2004. Distribution deal completed by Denver, Colorado-based Altitude Sports & Entertainment; Information on Charlotte, North Carolina-based Carolinas Sports Entertainment Television; Background...