ESPN's Action-Packed Highlights Reel
- Providing Patrons with News, Entertainment and Sports is Easier for Businesses Through New DISH Bundles. // Wireless Satellite & Broadcasting;Sep2013, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p14
The article focuses on new programming bundles from DISH Network LLC. The new Business Complete and the Complete Plus Sports bundles replace the numerous packages previously offered by DISH. The Business Complete includes 137 channels and the Business Complete Plus Sports include the 137...
- Retrans Feuds Ease Up. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;6/22/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 25, p20
The article reports on the possibility of the decline on the re-transmission-consent volume by the broadcasters and pay television service providers in the U.S. It has been anticipated that the controversy between cable operators and the station groups can be solved. The relationship between the...
- Brazil's Pay TV Game. Penteado, Claudia // Ad Age Global;May2001, Vol. 1 Issue 9, p32
Provides information on the different cable television operators in Brazil that provide pay-per-view services for sports programs and events. Viewership of soccer and extreme sports events; Pay-per-view rates from Pan-American Sports Network and SporTV; Advertisers of cable and satellite networks.
- WNYC sports potential as newest superstation. Hettrick, Scott // Hollywood Reporter;8/4/95, Vol. 338 Issue 19, p31
Reports on the potential hurdles to be faced by cable television operators interested in adding WNYC-TV as a superstation, given its potential programming of New York professional sports teams. WGN's subscriber base; TBS' broadcast reach; New York stations WPIX and WWOR's failure to achieve...
- Latin Sports Network Goal: U.S. Subs. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;04/16/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p22
Reports that Pan-American Sports Network plans to launch a cable television channel in the United States in May 2001. Network's emphasis on soccer; Spanish-language programs focusing on exclusive and live events; Provision of live telecasts of soccer championships, such as the Copa Libertadores...
- On Deck. // CableFAX Daily;9/30/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 190, p1
The article reports on the launching of regional sports cable network SportsNet New York in Spring 2005. Sports events that it will organize are listed. Star attractions of the network are described.
- TVKO Starts Slowly With 2001 Fight Slate. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;01/29/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p22
Reports on developments related to pay-per-view (PPV) broadcast of boxing in the United States as of January 29, 2001. PPV operator TVKO's plan to distribute the April 7, 2001, bout between Prince Naseem Hamed and Marco Antonio Barerra; Boxer Oscar De La Hoya's termination of his contract with...
- TVKO's Next Pitch: Vargas-Trinidad. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;11/27/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 48, p132
Focuses on the plans of pay-per-view operator TVKO for the Fernando Vargas-Felix Trinidad boxing match on December 2, 2000. Benefits to be derived from the multimedia promotional campaign; Advertising plans.
- NBC Plans To Give Local-Cable Ads an Olympian Push. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;1/19/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 3, p35
Deals with the plan of NBC Cable to give local-cable advertisement sales for the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens, Greece. Lineup of cable networks which would offer hours of Olympics coverage; Efforts of NBC to enhance its local-cable sales strategy; Deals of NBC with advertisers of various...