'The MP' Takes a Multiplatform Tack
- Osbournes Get Another Turn at Bat. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;7/14/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 28, p14
Analyzes the performance television program 'The Osbournes' broadcast on the Music Television network. Decline in the rating of the program; Agreement of the producer for extension of the program; Date of commencement of production of extended episode.
- MEDIA CHOICE/KERRANG! TV. Marshall, Richard // Marketing (00253650);9/4/2003, p7
This article presents views of the author on Kerrang! TV. The author likes heavy metal, having grown up on Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple and Judas Priest. What Kerrang! TV has successfully done is package exciting bands that play real music compared with the garbage pop that is so...
- Channel Five springs into action with seven-hour live pop event. // Music Week;4/12/2003, Issue 14, p2
Reports that British television network Channel Five has committed seven hours of prime time television to a live popular music event called Spring Break Live. Highlights of the event.
- Billboard Music Awards Set December Date. // Billboard;9/4/2004, Vol. 116 Issue 36, p8
Announces that the 2004 Billboard Music Awards (BMA) will take place on December 8, 2004 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Television station that will air the show; Level of viewership of the 2003 BMA; Production personnel who will work for the show.
- JIM-TV Pumps Up The Volume. Maes, Marc // Billboard;04/28/2001, Vol. 113 Issue 17, p59
Focuses on the launch of JIM-TV, a music television station in Belgium, by broadcaster VMM. How the station will appeal to older audiences; Description of programming; Expectations for the station.
- C5 WOOS LABEL FOR DOCU TIE-INS. Williams, Paul // Music Week;8/17/2002, Issue 32, p4
Reports that Channel 5 Broadcasting is opening tie-ins with record companies with music-related programming ideas.
- The Evolution Of A Network. Block, Debbie Galante // Billboard;7/28/2001, Vol. 113 Issue 30, p54
Discusses the way that Music Television (MTV) has changed since its launch in August 1981. Differences in the type of music which has appeared on the channel; Way in which musicians and artists have changed; Example of upcoming television programs on the channel.
- It's Not Easy Being Green. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;4/3/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 14, p19
The article discusses how TV networks in the U.S. are wrestling with the task of gaining carriage in the tough economic climate as of April 2006. Gospel Music Channel announced a carriage deal with Comcast that allows the Christian-themed music channel to pursue carriage deals directly with...
- MEDIA ON TRIAL. Connaughton, Carl // Media Week;12/4/2007, p12
The article presents an analysis of the Kerrang! TV channel owned by Emap and Channel 4. The music channel has created its won superhero mascot called the Kerrang! Man. The advertising character pops up in a variety of vignettes, fighting for what the viewer wants to hear. It stresses the...