MBC Taps Newberger for CEO
- Moonves: UPN won't be eye clone. Littleton, Cynthia // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;1/15/2002, Vol. 371 Issue 36, p4
Reports the downturn of the United Paramount Network. Decrease of the spending on original programming; Resignation of chief executive officer Dean Valentine; Appointment of a head for entertainment programming.
- Capture of Airey is an ideal spur for a Murdoch Five deal. Beale, Claire // Campaign (UK);9/27/2002, Issue 38, p12
Focuses on the decision of Dawn Airey in taking the position of Tony Ball as chief executive in ITV cable network in Great Britain. Speculation on the political warfare; Determination of structure and programming direction; Role of Airey on business negotiation with advertising agencies.
- Murdoch Fils Fires Up Fox Stations. // Television Week;3/8/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p1
Interviews Lachlan Murdoch, chairman and CEO of Fox Television Stations. Views on the state of the Fox station group; Challenges facing the station group; Sentiments about cross-promotion between duopoly markets.
- WCVB PREZ TO RETIRE. Kimmel, Dan // Daily Variety;6/16/2005, Vol. 287 Issue 54, p45
Reports that Paul La Camera will retire as president of Boston, Massachusetts-based television station WCVB.
- An 'Eye' on Local Media. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/13/2010, Vol. 140 Issue 34, p21
An interview with the president of CBS Television Stations, Peter Dunn, is presented. When asked about how the television (TV) and radio synergy is working out in the local markets of CBS, he mentions that it has been a game changer. He adds that the cooperation of the people allowed their...
- Jonathan Leess. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;1/29/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p17
The article focuses on the career of Jonathan Leess, president and general manager of CBS Television Stations Digital Media Group. Leess is the architect of the group's digital strategies. He led the television stations into the Internet era. He also oversaw the jump into wireless video content...
- Herwitz Exits Fox. Romano, Allison; Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;9/26/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 39, p26
Announces the departure of Tom Herwitz as Fox Television Station Group president in September 2005. Replacement for Herwitz.
- Zelezny defies ouster from CET21. Meils, Cathy // Daily Variety;6/18/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 12, p9
Reports on the failure of an attempt to remove Vladimir Zelezny, the controversial chief executive of Prague, Czech Republic-based TV Nova, the country's most popular private television station, on June 14, 2002 when Zelezny hosted his 'Ask the Director,' show as usual, announcing his intention...
- EX-"ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY" PUBLISHER MIKE KELLY HEADS THE WEATHER CHANNEL. // Media Industry Newsletter;7/27/2009, Vol. 62 Issue 29, p4
The article reports on the move of Mike Kelly from "Entertainment Weekly (EW)," publication to become president and chief executive officer (CEO) of the Weather Channel of NBC Universal. Kelly was the one who introduced publisher Jack Rotterham to digital publishing. Also noted are the...